Thursday, January 08, 2009
Thursday Thanks Tank #69
I am thankful. Here is what is on my Thanks Tank list:
1. Starbucks gift cards: Really, yes, really that is on the top of my list today. I think I might have to escape soon to the town's only Starbucks that is tucked inside a grocery store. I love having a couple of gift cards so I can treat myself without feeling indulgent.
2. Play dough: Two of my boys played with play dough for 3 hours the other day. Seriously, think about it, they played with it for 3 hours! I am thankful for that time that was mostly peaceful. (No, I didn't say the 3 hours was fight free.) I am thankful for toys that persevere through time.
3. Being Known: I am known. It is simply amazing. I was reading Psalm 139 this morning. I was reminded that I cannot comprehend God but he knows me. He knows my thoughts before I think them. He knew me before I was born.
4. Verses that compel me to action: Here are a couple from today: v17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! v23 Search me and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts.
5. My children's dad: He's my husband but I am being thankful for his role as Daddy. The guy got a gift certificate to Amazon and spent it on a guitar because his 7 year old got a guitar for Christmas. He wants to help him learn. I am thankful for his dedication to our kids.
6. The sound of my kids playing nicely: They are playing nicely at this moment. I am thankful for each and every moment like this.
7. GOM: This little Gravity of Motion (GOM) blog has become such a fun hobby. (I have to have an acronym for it- right? I mean, if I am EVER going to TXT about it!) I am thankful for this online space.
8. Football: I am thankful for football and how much fun my hubby and I have watching it. I am a bit sad the season is coming to an end now. And now... I am going to go watch the BCS Championship game.