Friday, January 02, 2009

Friday Flashback

With the start of the new year, I have been thinking about beginnings. I found this picture last night and it seemed perfect for a flashback photo. It was way back in the beginning for us. My hubby and I started dating back in 1991.


I am excited about a new flashback tradition we are starting at my house. We made a 2008 Time Capsule. It is going to be "buried" with the Christmas decorations (which will get put up this weekend). It was a fun family project. Here are are a couple of photos. For a few details about it, feel free to hop over to my family blog.

9 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

WE did a time capsule for Stunt Man to open when he is 18. What a neat idea for the family though. Great flashback too!

Seth said...

Hmmm- not to sure about that kid standing there with you in the Prom Picture. I hardly remember him.

McCrakensx4 said...

I too, have capsules for both boys to open at 18, but a family one...hhhmmm that might be fun! Thanks for the tidbit and I love the prom flashback!

More Than Words said...

What a great idea about the time capsule!!

Love the prom picture!! My hubby & I started going out in 1988. I have his Sr. Ball picture on my blog layout! LOL

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Great idea...Little handprints are always a favorite of mine. We missed you this morning at MOPS. It was just a coffee and chat fest (Natalie is preggo too!) PS I didn't know you went to high school with Seth-very cute-and very 1991. PPS what was the guy's name you knew on the biggest loser?

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Time capsule is a great idea... Love the prom picture too, that was such a sweet flashback.

Beth E. said...

The time capsule is such a neat idea! What fun it will be to open it.

The picture of you and your hubby is adorable. :o)

The Laverty's said...

You guys look so young! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year as well!

Kimberly said...

i was shocked by this picture of you and seth! i've never noticed it before but in this picture seth looks JUST LIKE my best friend from my Junior year of high school. his name was Tom Fisher and i still miss him. no wonder i feel like seth is the brother i never had!!!