Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday Thanks Tank #71


Thursday's are one of my favorite days. Some time ago - I guess 70 plus weeks ago - I started an exercise of thankfulness. Each Thursday I make a "written" list of my blessings. Sometimes I post my thankful list early and sometimes I post it late but I always spend the day being thankful. My Thursday Thanks Tank has made me more aware of my blessings. It encourages me all week long.

My day is about to run away from me (in other words: I am getting ready to make dinner and then be out of the house tonight) so I want to share my happy thoughts before I miss my chance. I am thankful for all of this and much more:

1. Books that stretch me: I am reading this book right now. It is great.

2. Bubble Baths: I took a nice long bubble bath last night. It was heavenly. I think my daughter is going to be a bath lover, too.

3. Sleep: I went to bed early last night (well, by 10 p.m., anyway) and it was just what I needed. I am sure I looked like my son in this picture.

4. Cooking with my kids: I had a ton of fun making cookies with the boys this week. Elisabeth also loved her first homemade chocolate chip cookie.

5. Cardboard and Imagination: My boys have been playing with some boxes left over from Christmas. They have enjoyed them for the last 3 days. It is entertaining to watch and listen to them play.



6. This gift from my son:

Oh, come on, don't you know what it is?? It sort of looks like a taped up twisty thing, doesn't it? Well, it is a daisy made by my son David. I love it! I love his imagination and his desire to give me my favorite flower. It will be forever attached to the sweet smile I saw on his face when I put it in a little vase.


That's all the time I have for now. I have to work on dinner. By the way, the crock-pot Cranberry Chicken meal I planned for today didn't work out. I didn't buy all of the ingredients (I'm laughing to myself here about how organized I seemed yesterday). The best laid plans don't always work out. So, I am improvising and making Cola Chicken. I am thankful I am able to improvise when I need to!

Take time to be thankful today. You will be glad you did.

5 comments:

Trisha said...

What a sweet post. And the daisy in a vase... just precious.

More Than Words said...

Hi there!

I love how you add the pictures with each one!! I love the one about the flower!! How sweet!!

By the way, I'm having a giveaway at my blog! You may be interested!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I love your thankful tank...I also love how you take all day Thursday to think about what you have to be thankful for. Great pictures and great blessings you have in your life. BTW...I tried the strogenoff chicken and loved it! thanks for the recipe!

Pam said...

The daisy made my heart melt. So good that you have a picture of it to keep forever.

This was a fantastic post, Jane Anne.

I'm so glad you decided to join in on this exercise all those weeks ago. It thrills my heart as I see #71 next to the Thanks Tank and realize we've been doing this together now for so long. : )

What a joy to have crossed paths with you, my dear sister in Christ. Lord willing, we may actually meet face to face one day. Let me know the next time TN is in your trip agenda, and I'll drive up to see you.

Thanks for warming my heart, friend.

Anonymous said...

Boxes are a HUGE hit with my boys, too. They seem to stay around FOREVER! David and I just step over them or around them! haha We come home from Sams club with more boxes sometimes than groceries!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Maggie