Thursday, January 01, 2009

Thankful Thursday #68


What a fun New Year's Day! I spent the day thinking about 2008 and all of the many, many things that blessed me. In random order, here are some "biggies" on my 2008 Thanks Tank list:

1. Our parents traveling to visit us: Both my parents and Seth's parents were able to visit us in 2008. They came across the country some 2500 miles. I am so thankful for the time we had together.

2. Our Church: I am thankful for the church that we are attending. I am much more involved than I anticipated when we first started going to the church. I am thankful for my friends at the church. I am thankful for the ways that my husband and I are growing.

3. Health and Safety: I am thankful that David did not have any serious allergic reactions this year. We didn't need to use the Epipen. I am super thankful for that. I am also thankful that we have been able to keep his asthma under control. I am thankful for the health and safety of the rest of the family, as well.

4. MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers): I am thankful for the MOPS group I attend. MOPS has continually encouraged me from the time I had my first child (joined when he was 6 months old) to now (my 4th child is 13 months). I love the connections to other moms. I am thankful for all of my MOPS friends.

5. My Marriage: I cannot put into words how thankful I am for my husband. I love being married. We had a great relationship. We love, laugh, and enjoy each other.

6. God's Faithfulness: How do I even begin to explain how God's faithfulness blesses me? I have grown closer to God this year. There have been times when I have struggled. God has been faithful and constant. He never changes and I am so, so thankful.

7. My Kids: I love them beyond words. I am thankful for the ways they challenge me. I am thankful for their love. I am thankful for each of them. They are gifts to me.

8. Prayer: I would be lost without it. I know that I depend on prayer and that I need to depend on it more. I am thankful for prayer because my faith is sustained through it.

9. Christmas: This year Christmas meant more to me. We had less to give to others because we were determined to only spend what we had (we had less than in previous years and we were determined not to accumulate debt). We had less for ourselves...and yet, our Christmas was fuller than it has ever been. I am thankful for Christmas this year because I learned about love.

10. My husband's job: I am thankful for my husband's job. I am thankful for how hard he works. I am thankful for how my husband provides for me and the family.

I intended to make a list of big and little thankful thoughts for 2008. I spent time thinking about it today. That's what is really important. If you haven't already, take time to think about 2008 and focus on the positive parts of your year. We have much to be thankful for!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

We do have so much to be thankful for, don't we? It was a great year for me too... absolutely a year of growth!

Happy 2009!

Denise said...

Happy New Year sweetie.

He & Me + 3 said...

I totally agree with you. We have so much to be thankful for. You have a great list there.

McCrakensx4 said...

What a nice list. We, too, have so much to be thankful for. My hubby's parents came to visit from MI (2100 mi) for the first time since we moved here (4 yrs) which was really nice! Have a blessed 2009!