Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Onion Beef Macaroni Casserole

We tried this meal one night last week. We enjoyed it. Only one of my sons said he didn't like it (after cleaning his plate). This is a good solid meal for our family. It is along the lines of a homemade hamburger helper (but not cream based). We wouldn't serve it to guests, most likely, but we will have it again for just us.

Onion Beef Macaroni Casserole
1 cup macaroni
1 ½ lb ground beef
1 envelope lipton onion soup mix
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp flour
2 cup water
grated cheese (we used cheddar)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook raw macaroni until tender. While macaroni is cooking, brown the ground beef. Drain off excess fat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Simmer, covered 5 minutes. Stir in cooked and drained macaroni. Turn into 1 ½ quart casserole. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake 15 minutes in 400 degree oven.
Makes 6 servings.

6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Yum! Only my middle child is so picky. Ugh. She is the most unhealthy eater ever. It scares me. I will try it for the rest of us though:)

More Than Words said...

Sounds good to me! It is very familiar to my mom's macaroni & beef recipe!! I love it! It's always better the next day, too!

Seth said...

It is very yummy!!!

Michelle said...

This sounds good, thanks for sharing!

momstheword said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try this.

McCrakensx4 said...

sounds yummy...if it has pasta, cheese and hamburger...I think I can get mine to eat it! Thanks for sharing!