Monday, January 12, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday


I had kitchen, laundry and latte mishaps this week. It was quite a week and it is fun lauging at it all. Join in the “Not Me!” fun. Just leave me a comment about what you haven’t been doing or participate by posting a Not Me! post on your blog.

Here is my list of what did not happen and what I definitely I did not do:

The other night while I was trying to make dinner, I did not get so tired of trying to get the boys (my 3 and a neighborhood kid) to stop running in the house that I suggested they go outside in the backyard and play tag- in the dark. I would not send them out there knowing that the ground was saturated from all of the rain. I did not get silent satisfaction hearing my 7 year old saying that game of tag was wicked fun. And, I am NOT still trying to get the mud and grass stains out of their pants - not me!

I did not drive 20 minutes to Fred Meyer for 2 items just to go to the next door Starbucks only to find out that the Starbucks closed an hour earlier. That does not go along with my frugal goals so I would not do that – not me.

My husband did not say to me, “Did you, um, eat ice cream in the bathroom?” I did not leave an empty carton of ice cream in there. And, noooo, I did not finish the half scoop of peppermint ice cream in the bathroom one afternoon while the kids were playing. That would be hilarious, wouldn’t it? I didn’t do that- not me.

I am not behind on laundry. I did not have to let my 7 year-old son wear my athletic socks to school because I could not find him any clean socks. AND, a day or so later, I did not pull out my 7 year-old son’s dress socks and put them on my feet because the color of them went with my outfit better than my clean (white) socks. That did not happen in my house, not to me!

I did not put all of the Tupperware my daughter was playing with back in the cabinet without even looking at it. I did not discover the next day that one of those plastic cups was a sippy cup that she had been using- not me!

I did not have another latte mishap at Wal-mart this week. I let one of my grocery items slip out of my hand right above my iced latte. My latte did not spill all over my groceries and onto the floor. I did not wish I had my digital camera with me so I could take a picture or get a complete stranger to take a picture just so I could post on my blog. That would be weird or sad or something and that isn't me - not at all, not me!

Lastly, and definitely grossest of all, I did not take the lid of the crock pot out of the dishwasher, plop it on the crock pot and put it all up without looking at it. I did not assume that since my hubby washed the lid, he washed the crock pot. I was not absolutely disgusted when I discovered the messy crock pot tucked away nicely in the cabinet. And, as you can imagine, I am not still disgusted at all – not me!

16 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

oh no...I hope that the sippy cup was not full of milk. Yum. LOL

Seth said...

In your defense... there was very LITTLE ice cream in it before you hid away to eat it. And the kids would have gone crazy seeing you eat ice cream without having any for them! You HAD to do it... it was for thr kids!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I have never found a missing sippy cup like that either...

Anonymous said...

I've never shared socks with my kids either. ;)

momstheword said...

These are great! I too have secretly eaten things in the bathroom, isn't that gross! Who wants to eat in the bathroom of all places?

I will have to read that letter later when I have more time.

Beth E. said...

These are too funny...I am totally guilty of eating things in the bathroom, away from the kids! lol

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

A great list...Too funny!
The ice cream in the bathroom, sending the kids out in a dark and mucky mess and a missing dirty sippy cup would so NOT be things I would do!
Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

Jen said...

the 'not mes' are so much fun. yours were too funny. I bet the latte incident was terrible.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...you were hiding in the bathroom with the ice cream weren't you. ;) BAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Going out of my way to go to Starbucks is something I would definitely not do. Nor did I eat pudding in my bathroom this week as I was trying to get ready. Nope not me!

More Than Words said...

Okay...if there was a Not Me contest, I'd vote for you to be the winner!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh..I can't even imagine the crock pot!!!!

Mocha Mama 24 said...

Those are great Not Me's!! I love the quote from your son about having wicked fun. I know what you mean about running in the house too. I'm glad to see other boys are struggling with the same issues right now. If only spring would come!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Yes! You had an awesome list! At least you sent your son to school in socks, I have parents who send their students sockless in December! Crazy... The bathroom ice cream was awesome, and I currently have a sippy cup that is lurking somewhere in the house. I may have to just throw it when I find it!

Anonymous said...

Jane Anne, I can NOT believe you do those things. What kind of mom are you?? Oh wait, the same kind of mom as ME :) Boy, I wish we lived closer! I need a good 'ole laughing fit with you!!

~Maggie

sarah said...

These Monday posts make my day!! I spilled my coffee over my groceries and jackers at fred meyer the other day. Thankfully it too was iced so not too dangerous to poor jack.

Kimberly said...

as always - this post was wonderful! thanks for all the laughs and also the warning about making sure to wash your tupperware before using it while i'm at your house! =} love you!