Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Holiday Funny

I tried to be creative in this year's Christmas letter. Did you read it? I posted it here. I got a good laugh out of it. I chuckled for at least a week imagining my mom's face when she read the blurb in April. Turns out she read it first thing in the morning - say 6 a.m. and almost called me RIGHT THEN, which would have been 3 a.m. my time. Luckily for her and for me, she read the whole letter. My dad started reading the letter and got interrupted. He ended up calling to find out the details. That was a fun conversation! We both laughed a lot.

I have been asked about my tattoo twice in the last 2 days.

The lesson I learned from this year's Christmas letter? Not everyone reads the whole Christmas letter. It is a busy time of year.

Here's what I keep wondering: Did my blog readers read the whole letter? Not one comment mentioned my little joke. Did you think it was funny? More than that, I keep wondering if my grandparents and my great aunt and other wonderful relatives (that might be stunned by tattoos) read the entire letter.

I also keep wondering what I am going to do with next year's letter.

7 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

You sneaky little devil, you! ;)
That is too funny...cuz I did comment, but I don't remember the joke! My dad would have a coniption if I got a tatoo too and I am 35 yrs old!! That is too funny!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

um yes I read the whole thing and thought it was soooo funny.

He & Me + 3 said...

Too funny about the tatoo...& your mother & father's reaction. Did any of us comment on it? I know I didn't...I was commenting about the great picture. What have you got in mind for next year?

Carmom said...

When you said you got a tatoo I just assumed that it was a rub on and that it was a joke. But yes, I did read the whole letter. I loved it. I love hearing what everyone is up to in their holiday letters. There are times I wish more pople would take the time to write one. And I id find it amusing.

RLR said...

Oh, that's so funny! Thanks for linking back to it. I spent the holiday mostly unplugged, in part due to just being busy, and in part due to an uncooperative laptop. It was a nice break, but I missed a lot of the blogosphere happenings.

Lorinda said...

Everyone in my house (including the kids) found it funny! I think it was the only Christmas letter than all four of us actually read--because as each of got to the end and laughed someone would want to know what was so funny and it would get handed off to the next with instructions to read the whole thing!

Kimberly said...

I WOULD'VE READ IT HAD I GOTTEN IT! =}