Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to my version of "Not Me! Monday." This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


If you ask, I will deny every bit of the following.

I have not eaten half a bag of chocolate chips, hand-full by hand-full. I did not buy an extra bag of chocolate chips just so I could have one bag for baked goodies and one to sneak chocolate treats. I did not do that- not me! My chocolate habit is not out of control.

I did not stay up until 2 a.m. on Friday night just because I was determined to have an hour of "me time". I did not savor every minute of that hour in the wee hours of the morning because that would be a bit ridiculous. I did not do that- not me!

I did not oversleep on Sunday morning. I was not running behind and I did not have trouble getting everyone out the door for church. I did not ask my husband to drive separately so that I could quickly finish getting ready without everyone sitting in the car waiting on me- not me!

An hour before church, as we were frantically trying to feed the kids and find socks for them (anyone else have weekly sock hunts?), we did not remember that my 7 year-old and my husband had a part in the service. I did not totally forget about that email I got early in the week with the lengthy reading part. I did not spend excessive time reassuring myself that my confident 7 year old would be just fine reading worlds like Philistines, circumcision, and Israelites. I still cannot believe I forgot about that. I mean, I DID NOT do that - not me!

We were late to church but this did not happen: I was not setting up stuff for the "Children's Church" and my husband was not going over his lines with my son when the Pastor came looking for us wondering if we were going to be in the Sunday School class that we are helping facilitate every other week. Wow - we were not a bit frazzled when we finally made it to the class.

I almost forgot... I am not even sure how to explain this one but it made me feel as if I lost my mind so I have to include it.

Last Tuesday, I did not post a recipe on my blog, have someone question the ingredients, change the ingredients on the post and then email everyone that had commented about the change. I did not do that only to find out that someone had already bought the original ingredients to make the recipe that day. I did not look up the recipe and realize that I had unknowingly altered it when I made it and it was correctly posted the first time. I did not email everyone again and explain that I have no business posting recipes, especially ones with so many ingredients. Yep, this simple recipe that I did not post did not have only 3 ingredients! I have not had 5 people tell me that they made the recipe this past week. I am not curious which way they made the recipe - not all, not me! [Here's the recipe: Chicken Stroganoff ]


Lastly, I did not put lipstick on my daughter for fun. No, this mom of 3 boys and a girl did not enjoy doing that. I didn't do it. See...

15 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

We teach every other sunday too. I am frazzled on those days too & I don't even sleep in. ugh. Your daughter is a cutie.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a cute pic! Your house does not sound like my house :o) We never get frazzled and we are always on time...NOT!

Thanks for the laugh! Isn't it nice to know we're all normal?!?!

Beth E. said...

Oh my goodness! You had me howling with the one about your son and the reading at your church.

I did NOT finish polishing off the last of a bag of choc chips this afternoon, right before reading your post. lol

As for the missing socks, have you ever heard of Sock Locks? We have a different color for each member of our family. It makes life sooo much easier! The hard part is training yourself to use them. Here's their website:
http://www.sock-locks.com/

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh my goodness you were sure busy doing a whole lot of nothing!! What a cutie, even with the lipstick on!

Carmom said...

Jane Anne, I have not put lipstick on my girls so much that they come find it in the morning to put in on. And Gabriel when he was little watched me put on my make-up so often knew which brushes went with what product.

Girls are so much fun. I am so ready to see Elise hit the tutu stage.

Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

Love that lipstick!! What a cutie! The recipe is good no matter what soup was in it! Thanks for sharing it!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Too funny!

Wait a sec...you have a pic of your daughter in lipstick?!?!?! Okay, so maybe you did that one but not the others right?

Here's hoping for a less frazzled week!

Seth said...

The best part of him reading words like uncircumcised and Philistines was explaining to him what 'uncircumcised' means when several people walked into the room. He didn't want to read it unless he knew what it meant. Definitely a conversation I would have rather had just about anywhere except the church classroom with others around!

Anonymous said...

What a very fun and clever meme/carnival! I'll put the link to this at the bottom of Make-Do Mondays next week in case people want ideas for things they can join.

momstheword said...

Love this! We always sit in the front row so hubby can just get up and do his thing, so when I am late the whole church probably notices as I slink up the aisle to the first row. Yup, there goes the pastor's wife, late again, that's me....sigh....!LOL!

I have dinner in the oven so thought I'd pop on and post any comments.

That's going to be my big thing, making sure that I get to bed at a decent time. It's so easy to stay up past my bedtime.

I like my routine because it tells me what needs doing and it also makes me feel productive. That's why I'm so frustrated at getting off my regular schedule.

Today isn't as productive as I'd hoped, because a few unexpected things were thrown in that ate up my time. But I knew that would happen. Still, it's better and tomorrow will be even better!

I tried a new recipe (hope it tastes good!) and at least am getting some stuff off my list. I'd love to see your routine when you get it figured out. It's always fun to see what others are doing. Let me know if you need any help: my email is momstheword2008@hotmail.com

More Than Words said...

It is CRAZY here on Sunday morning! Most of the time my husband is already gone because he plays on the worship team and has to be there for the first service. So, I'm the one yelling, I am telling everyone to GET UP!!!

Wayne said...

Great not me monday I thought it was very amusing

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh the Sunday School frazzle....=) I totally understand where you are coming from...and lipstick on the baby..so cute!!!

I am now a follower...=)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

She is just precious. Love the chocolate chips, I've been sneaking white chocolate chips lately. I really need to stop too.

Kimberly said...

ok, i did it! i did my own Not Me Monday post! hey, that's 2 posts in one day!!!