Friday, January 09, 2009

Friday Flashback: Clowning Around

This is one of my favorite sister moments (but, of course, there are many, many of them). My mom was having one of those days. She left for work at the UT Aquatic Center in one of those moods. (There's no question about it, we have all been there.) My sister and I decided my mom needed cheering up. We decided it couldn't wait until she got home. We dressed up like clowns and went to visit her at work. We laughed so much the whole time. Boy, my mom was surprised! This silly expression of love made her smile that day. I will never forget it. I think this was back around 1995 or 1996.

If you are not sure- and my kids didn't guess right- I am the clown in polka-dots.


9 comments:

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

You are hilarious! I almost didn't know which one was you!

Trisha said...

I love these flashbacks! Too fun!

What sweet girls to brighten your mom's day like that.

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!! I think that is probably one of the sweetest things I've seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbogie said...

What I wanna know is - how is it that you had 2 full clown costumes laying around?!?! I take it that it wasn't your first circus experience?!?! Have a great day and thanks for sharing!

John and Carrie said...

Hmm...now you have me curious as to when it really was we did that. It had to be sometime between June 1997-spring 1998. In the picture, my hair is cut short, which I didn't do until I went to ROTC field training camp in May 1997. And it had to be before you moved to CO in 1998. Was it maybe spring break 1998?
Regardless, it was a lot of fun being a clown with you. How fun that your boys didn't know which one was you!

momstheword said...

That is so fun! I can't believe you were actually able to lay your hands on some clown costumes so quickly!

BTW, you are my hero...I still haven't given up pop....

He & Me + 3 said...

You are both so thoughtful and you even have pictures of when you were there. How cool is that? I love it! These posts are the best.

McCrakensx4 said...

How fun! And I did guess right...poke-a-dots!

Beth E. said...

That is so funny! Great costumes!