Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Flashback: One Sweet Ride

Sometimes on chaotic days when my house is extremely loud and my four children are making a lot of noise, I dream of driving long winding roads in the hills of Tennessee in a convertible with the top down.

Back in 1995 I bought a Mazda Miata. It was so much fun to drive that car! When I first got it, we lived in Tennessee. We moved to Colorado in 1997. It was beautiful driving with the scenic Colorado mountains in the background. I gave the car up in 2001, shortly after my 1st son was born.

When I occassionally see a Miata somewhere, I just smile and remember those wonderful drives.

My older sister, Jennifer, and I were all smiles after a nice drive in Nashville:

My college roommate, Kristi, and I were so cool cruising the streets of Powell, Tennessee:

14 comments:

More Than Words said...

Oh..very cute!!!!!! I love that color too!!

Pam said...

Great car and great roads to drive as well!

I lived just a couple miles from Clinton Hwy., so Powell was not far. When my children were small, we occasionally went to story time at the Powell branch of the library.

Fun memories!

Anonymous said...

I remember you letting ME drive that car up the winding roads in the mountains. That was a great day. Thanks for taking care of me then. :) And making Starbucks runs...that was a great car!

Jeanne said...

Oh, I love it!!!

Kimberly said...

i can't believe you gave it up! i look forward to riding around with you when you are once again driving a convertible! =)

He & Me + 3 said...

Yep...tradin in the cool car for a momvan is so much fun...LOL I love it though. very sporty and cool!

Anonymous said...

I think I have to go through one more used minivan before a fun car like that comes my way. Love the color-- spicy!!

McCrakensx4 said...

How fun...I have always wanted a convertible! Dreaming of one is so much fun :)

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I had a purple convertible Chrysler LeBaron that I loved! We lived in Asheville the first year we owned it. So much fun driving through the mountains with the top down. Makes me smile just thinking about it :)

Thanks for the flashback! Hope you have a great weekend!

momstheword said...

You sure looked like you were having a lot of fun. BTW, loved the pictures of your kids on the earlier post. Precious!

Carmom said...

I have told Matt that during my midlife crisis I want a convertible. It could be during his I don't care which one.

Carrie said...

My first car was a very sporty and super fun to drive Ford Probe! I still wish I had that car, but have no idea where the 3 carseats would go LOL

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

How fun. Great looking car. Great memories.

Kristi said...

I have never looked cooler!!