Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Beauty of Flannel

Last night, before I got my sleeping husband off the couch, I decided that I should wear something other than flannel PJs to bed. It had been awhile since I had slipped into bed feeling beautiful. I grabbed a comfortable, sweet nightie and went to bed. It felt nice. I felt younger.

Fast forward to Saturday morning.
I heard the stomping of feet. My 3 year-old comes into our room. We chat for a few minutes. Then, the 7 year-old and 5 year-old arrive. They want to snuggle. Before I knew it, I had some very wiggly boys all vying for my attention. They were very snuggly and my hands kept moving back and forth between pulling my nightie up to cover my chest to checking to make sure it was down far enough. I mean, my hands were: up down, up down, up down, up down.

I was clinging to my clothes as tightly as I was clinging to the idea that I want to savor the Saturday morning snuggling.

In that battle between my heart and my modesty, I realized:
Flannel PJs are beautiful... especially on Saturday morning.

8 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Too funny. I feel bad for my hubby...I never wear anything but PJ bottoms and a cami to bed. They are pretty colors, but nothing fancy...so comfy though.

Trisha said...

At least your husband enjoyed it, I'm sure! That's too funny!

Have a good weekend!

More Than Words said...

LOL!!

It seems like I always wear the same thing to bed! My comfy pajams pants and long t-shirt!! Now, I have a long housecoat. I'm turning into my mother in law!

Beth E. said...

Haha! That's hilarious...I have always enjoyed my flannel pj's. Now I've discovered a new kind...microfleece! Incredibly soft, lightweight, yet oh-so-very warm! Sorry hubby. :o)

sarah said...

Oh my stars, that is too funny!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Oh, this was too funny. I can so relate.

McCrakensx4 said...

You are such a sweet wife and a fun mommy! My poor hubby...I never wear anything sweet and sexy! Just comfy PJs!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Too funny...flannel pjs and snuggling win out at my house too!