Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday Christmas Trivia

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. I thought this was a fun one! Please feel free to join with me and let me know if you do it.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags are easier but I prefer to wrap everything. I am a kid at heart and I love unwrapping gifts!

2. Real tree or Artificial? I like real trees but we are using our artificial tree this year.

3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving - sometimes that weekend. This year, it was the following Sunday (the 7th).

4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day

5. Do you like eggnog? No, not one bit

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I really don't know.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband but only because he always gets me the best gifts and I have a hard time thinking of something unique (or special) for him.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I got a new one from my Mother-in-law this year as an early Christmas present. I love it!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail - although now that I like FB so much, I may post a scanned version on there. I look forward to getting the mail each day in December.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Another hard one... it is easier for me to say the worst gift I ever gave. One year as a young teen I bought my mom a can opener. She had a nice 70's green one and I thought she needed a white one. She wasn't all that impressed!

12. Favorite Christmas Movies? It's a Wonderful Life. Funny story- this year when we got the It's a Wonderful Life village out, the boys wanted to know what the story was about. Seth told them the main guy's name was George Bailey. There was this huge dramatic pause... an Aha moment for the boys... our dogs were named after him: George and Bailey.

13. When do you start shopping? Whenever I can. This year I bought some gifts throughout the year and then I am scrambling to finish up now.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. I believe in recycling gifts- especially if they are new and have never been used.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Gingerbread house on Christmas morning!

16. Lights on the tree? This year we have both colored lights and one strand of white lights. I love the combination.

17. Favorite Christmas song? This question is too hard for me.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We will be home for Christmas. I miss my family back east something terrible, though.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Nope

20. Angel on the tree top or star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds and all of the additional shopping carts that people leave out in parking lots

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? It's a Wonderful Life ornaments

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I cannot think of this answer right now but it might be because I have tonight's dinner on my mind. Now that I am thinking about Christmas dinner, I think I am going to try to remember to use my Christmas dishes this year! If I wait until all of my kids are old enough to be responsible- it will be a long time until I enjoy them.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Christmas Eve date with my hubby after the kids are in bed to include fondue and music but exclude last minute gift wrapping or putting together toys (hint, hint)

4 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I loved the last one and I loved this. I think I will try it, if I can get back to the computer later...

He & Me + 3 said...

Cute list. The last one is great...I would love to not put together those last minute gifts...every year we are doing that until very late. I hope you get your date.

Beth E. said...

Great post...wonderful way to get to know you! I had a similar post a few days ago...

Stay warm!

Beth E. said...

P.S. You stated, "When I talk to my mom, sometimes I wonder how old I will be when I start sharing stories like that!" Answer: You will be MY AGE! lol