Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday #65



This morning I am thinking about being present in all that I do. I don't want to go through my day just trying to get through it. I have that attitude way too much. I have been focusing on Christmas Presence. Today, I am relinquishing control. I am humbly placing attitude and words at God's feet. My thoughts are going to rest with God- in his Presence. Each time I start to get frustrated or exasperated, I am going to pray. I will probably pray for help. More than that, I am going to praise God for his mercy, his love, and his availability.

I was reminded today of Psalm 100:4: Enter His gates with Thanksgiving and His courts with Praise; give Thanks to Him & Praise His name!

My Thanks Tanks is being filled with these things (and so much more):

1. Teachers: I am thankful for teachers and how much they do for our children. I was really impressed with the teachers I saw giving extra time last night at Craft Night at school
2. Craft Night at School: We surprised our kids last night after dinner with going to Craft Night at Jonathan's school. They had so much fun. It was free and they got to make a bunch of take home crafts. It was delightful to hear one of them say, "This was a really good night!"
3. My dedicated hubby: My husband went to the store for me last night even though he has a " man cold". He must love me.
4. Christmas cards: I love getting Christmas cards. Yes, this was on last's weeks list, too. I enjoy getting these cards that remind me of the friends and family I love.
5. Quiet Mornings: My boys played nicely this morning. What a nice surprise!
6. Encouraging Words: I love it when I read something encouraging. This week I loved this post that encourages the very core of my heart. Take a few minutes to read it. It will bless you!
7. Christmas Traditions: I enjoy our family traditions. It is heart warming to see my kids get excited about doing the Advent Calendar. They cannot wait to make our gingerbread house. I love the little Christmas things that we do as a family.
8. My Children: I started this list hours ago. My boys have played wonderfully today and Elsie is a doll but they still need me constantly. I am thankful for my children. I am thankful that they depend on me. It isn't always easy but I am thankful that they are my responsibility.

There's so much more I could write- especially if I had a quiet place- but I am going to wrap it up for today. I am thankful for this day. Take time to be thankful. It will make your day so much brighter.

7 comments:

Denise said...

Such wonderful blessings.

Diane ~ said...

I loved reading your post!Thank you so much for sharing!! :)

Lorinda said...

Hmmm...that's the second time in two weeks I have read about Abba Paul-a man I do not remember ever hearing of before. Think there's a lesson I'm supposed to be hearing?!

He & Me + 3 said...

Your tank is full! You are just so sweet and your thankful heart blesses me for sure.

Nancie said...

Thank you for sharing your thankful heart with us. Thanks for visiting my blog. Take care and may God grant you a very blessed weekend!

Jessica said...

I love these, your Thursday Thanks Tanks inspire me each and every time I click on your blog.

Beth E. said...

Awesome post! Lots to be thankful for. :o)