Thursday, December 11, 2008
Thankful Thursday #65
This morning I am thinking about being present in all that I do. I don't want to go through my day just trying to get through it. I have that attitude way too much. I have been focusing on Christmas Presence. Today, I am relinquishing control. I am humbly placing attitude and words at God's feet. My thoughts are going to rest with God- in his Presence. Each time I start to get frustrated or exasperated, I am going to pray. I will probably pray for help. More than that, I am going to praise God for his mercy, his love, and his availability.
I was reminded today of Psalm 100:4: Enter His gates with Thanksgiving and His courts with Praise; give Thanks to Him & Praise His name!
My Thanks Tanks is being filled with these things (and so much more):
1. Teachers: I am thankful for teachers and how much they do for our children. I was really impressed with the teachers I saw giving extra time last night at Craft Night at school
2. Craft Night at School: We surprised our kids last night after dinner with going to Craft Night at Jonathan's school. They had so much fun. It was free and they got to make a bunch of take home crafts. It was delightful to hear one of them say, "This was a really good night!"
3. My dedicated hubby: My husband went to the store for me last night even though he has a " man cold". He must love me.
4. Christmas cards: I love getting Christmas cards. Yes, this was on last's weeks list, too. I enjoy getting these cards that remind me of the friends and family I love.
5. Quiet Mornings: My boys played nicely this morning. What a nice surprise!
6. Encouraging Words: I love it when I read something encouraging. This week I loved this post that encourages the very core of my heart. Take a few minutes to read it. It will bless you!
7. Christmas Traditions: I enjoy our family traditions. It is heart warming to see my kids get excited about doing the Advent Calendar. They cannot wait to make our gingerbread house. I love the little Christmas things that we do as a family.
8. My Children: I started this list hours ago. My boys have played wonderfully today and Elsie is a doll but they still need me constantly. I am thankful for my children. I am thankful that they depend on me. It isn't always easy but I am thankful that they are my responsibility.
There's so much more I could write- especially if I had a quiet place- but I am going to wrap it up for today. I am thankful for this day. Take time to be thankful. It will make your day so much brighter.