Monday, December 08, 2008

Christmas Presence

My focus is different this Christmas season. Instead of thinking about Christmas presents, I keep thinking about being present this Christmas.

This year I was introduced to Advent Conspiracy. Yesterday, our church took up money for Living Waters. I cannot watch this video without tearing up.



Advent Conspiracy has changed my Christmas focus. It has changed my heart in a way that will last througout the year. I want to give more relationally to those that I love.

I am not concerned about finding perfect gifts for my family and friends. I am thinking about how I can show love to those I know (and don't know).

A few weeks ago, I found the Mother Letter Project. It started with a man that wanted to do something special for his wife for Christmas. They were both fed up with the materialistic emptiness of the holidays. They agreed they would not spend money on each other this year and instead use their money for humanitarian efforts. The husband decided to create a book of letters from moms to moms about motherhood. I just sent in my letter. It was a good exercise for me. I am thrilled to be a part of such a project. But, honestly, it is more than that. I am inspired to write letters to my loved ones.


This year my Christmas is going to be meaningful. It has already changed my life. I am conspiring to worship fully, spend less, give more and love all.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

THANK YOU!!! I am going to peruse your wonderful blogs, if you don't mind!

Beth E. said...

Awesome post! The video was very touching AND powerful.

Blessings...

He & Me + 3 said...

That is awesome! That is our family goal this year too! Blessings!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

This is great. The link from Facebook to here did not work...

We are doing the same sort of things around here. My husband and I came up with a list of things we could do for each other instead of buying anything.

Jessica said...

That was so beautiful, thank you for sharing it Jane Anne! I will have to show my hubby...

heidi said...

I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that Advent Conspiracy is what sent me over the edge and inspired me to come up with our 12 Days of Giving.

We saw that video at church and I swear to you, I couldn't breathe.