Each Thursday I make a list of my thankful thoughts. I spend time throughout my day appreciating the little and big things in my life. My posted list gives you a glimpse of my thankful heart.
1. Quiet: I have to start with this one because I am enjoying a quiet house right now. A friend of mine took 2 of my kids with her to the park. My youngest is napping and my oldest is playing his DS. This was not planned so I feel very blessed by this surprise quiet time. (Don't get too jealous, it's the calm before the storm... she will be dropping off her kids at my house when she gets back. 5 boys and 1 little girl will make this house noisy soon enough!) As soon as they were out the door, my oldest said, "I bet you love this quiet house."
2. A man, a sign, and a safe baseball game:
I am thankful for this man (my husband). He worked really hard to make sure the company picnic at the baseball game included a food-free (peanut-free) reserved box seat area.
I'm thankful for this view
I am thankful for this sign
3. Chocolate Covered Strawberries: They are my favorite taste in the entire world. I had a couple this weekend. You cannot tell me they weren't worth the money. Oh... it's hard to look at the picture... they were that good.
4. Laughter: My family and I laugh a lot together. I just love it. (We got a good chuckle out of this: One Less Place Around the Table)
5. Water: It has been hot here, reaching a 100+ temperature several days in a row. I have been drinking a lot of water. The kids have been enjoying water.
6. My Mom: I am thankful for my mom. She celebrated her birthday this week. I miss her because I live away (way, way too far away). I am very thankful for her love.
7. My Kids: I am thankful for my kids. This morning the boys were doting on Elisabeth. It was the most precious thing. They all laughed. She was "Queen of the Kids" for about 15 minutes. It's the kind of moment that melts a Momma's heart. My kids provide fill up my heart with gladness.
Here's the gang:
8. My 3rd Son Survived VBS: Ok, that title's a joke. It's just funny. I spent the last 3 nights praying and praying for the safety of my 2nd son at VBS (due to his peanut allergy). Then, my 3rd son falls off a playset and lands on his head. He had a terrible headache and wasn't acting quite like himself (see pictures below). He's fine today, despite a sore bump on the head and sore neck. I am thankful he's okay. (Yes, you bet, I have my hands full with him!)
As I keep thinking about what I am thankful for, I keep thinking about my family. I am thankful for my family. Be sure to take time to appreciate your family today. Even more important, let them know you appreciate them.
Now, don't forget there's a contest coming up.
Speaking of which, aren't these pens cute?
Borders sold them for $2.99. I bought them there on clearance for 50 cents. I'm gonna add a few to a couple of the prizes. (What?! There's more than one prize?!! Yep.)
I hinted last week that you should comment on my Thanks Tank posts between now and the 100th Thanks Tank for extra contest entries. (That's still true.)
Thanks for stopping by. I am grateful that you take time to read my blog.