Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love to bake. I also love cookies. I have tried many chocolate chip recipes and this recipe is my favorite. With many of the other recipes I tried,I had mixed results: fantastic cookies one time and flat cookies the next. This recipe provides "perfect" cookies every time. They are wonderful.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter (best if softened)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 12 ouce package (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl beat the shortening and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1 and 1/2 cups of the flour, the brown sugar, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and baking soda. Beat the mixture until thoroughly combined. Beat in remaining 1 cup of flour. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.

8 comments:

More Than Words said...

This sounds like a recipe I've used before! I think it's the brown sugar that makes all the difference, right?

Now I feel like buying the ingredients tomorrow!

He & Me + 3 said...

I am totally gonna let my little one try making these. Our cookies always turn out...just OK.

samantha said...

Oh these sound good! I love to bake and will try these for my boys. Thanks for sharing

sarah said...

I know what you mean about sometimes flat and sometimes just right-I have a favorite one too, but I am ALWAYS ready to try a new cookie recipe:)

Beth E. said...

Yummmm...I love choco chip cookie! I wish I could have one right now. :-)

RLR said...

Thanks for posting this - I can't wit to try it!

Sneaky Momma said...

These sound awesome! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Can't wait to try 'em!

RLR said...

I'm embarrassed to say that it took me over a month to try this recipe. Just made these cookies tonight - and even with my substitution for the egg, they are SO yummy!
I now have a GOOD reason to use my electric mixer (I usually prefer a spatula or whisk)!
Thanks for sharing!