Thursday, July 23, 2009
Thursday Thanks Tank #97
My Thanks Tank is full. It's full of family, summer, and smiles. Here is some of what is filling up my thanks tank.
1. Camping in the backyard: My husband and the boys had so much fun camping in the backyard last Friday night. I am thankful for those special moments.
2. Going to the pool: We took the kids to the pool on Sunday afternoon. The pool was more like a water park. There's a wonderful larger slide, two smaller slides for the little kids and lots of sprays for the littlest ones to splash in. I am thankful that we went and played together as a family.
3. Family Water Fight: On Saturday morning, we had an impromptu family water fight. Elisabeth wasn't awake yet. Everyone else (including me in my PJs) got in on the craziness. I haven't laughed that hard in ages.
4. Sweet dresses and dimples: I just adore this picture of Elisabeth.
5. My children's friends: It is such a joy to watch my children make good friends. (And, nooo, that is not his latte.)
6. Playdates: We had 6 boys and 1 little girl playing on a slip n' slide. I am thankful for the fun and that no one got hurt!
7. Local berries: I picked up some berries from a local farm this week. They were delicious. I love summer berries.
8. Date Night: Last night we went on a date to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. We had an amazing night out. We went to Clemenza's Italian Cafe. (For my local readers, you must try this place. It was incredible. Our food was delightful. I loved the atmosphere and service. Here's the website: www.clemenzacafe. We can't wait to go back.) After dinner, we went for a walk by the river. It was a perfect evening.
9. Being a Winner
I won a book from Pam at Without Fear
I won a surprise prize from Elaine at Matters of the Heart. I can't wait to find out what I am getting.
This morning, I participated in the Back to School Food Allergy Twitter Party. I won a membership to Kids With Food Allergies.
10. YOU, YOU, YOU
I appreciate everyone that takes time to read my blog. I am thankful for my readers. I am often surprised when I find out that someone is reading my blog. I am always touched by kind comments.
In a few weeks, I will be doing my 100th Thursday Thanks Tank and I am going to have a contest.
It is going to be fun. I am doing it because I am thankful for you. I am going to give away some things that make me happy. The contest starts on the 100th Thanks Tank post and the winner will be announced on the 101st Thanks Tank post. You will have lots of chances to get entries to the contest. The details will be explained on the 100th Thanks Tank. (Now, if I were you, I would comment on this post - but I wouldn't make your comment exclusively about the giveaway- and each Thanks Tank until the contest. That's what I would do. I'm just sayin'...Hint, Hint)
Take time today to be thankful. You have so much to be thankful for.