Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday Thanks Tank #96



I love Thursdays. Each Thursday I make a list of my thankful thoughts. Sometimes I make the list early and sometimes late. No matter what, I spend time throughout my day appreciating the little and big things in my life. My posted list can't include everything I am thankful for but it does give you a glimpse of my thankful heart.

Today was wonderful. We had a beautiful sunny day in the Pacific NW. It is still Thursday here (but just barely).

I am thankful for:

1. Miniature Chocolate Heath Bars: SERIOUSLY, these things are so delicious and such a wonderful size. I splurged on a bag this past weekend. I am going to be happy when the bag is empty (not right away, of course) because I cannot stop sneaking them.

2. An Early Birthday Present from my Husband: A local gym was having a huge 4 day sale on membership. My husband got me a membership and now I am going to be working off all of the heath bars I consume. I am so excited!!

3. Friends that welcome unexpected company: Last Tuesday we called some friends of ours and asked what they were doing on the weekend and if they would like company. They not only said yes to us coming but they made us feel very special and welcome. We had an incredible weekend with our friends.

4. Moments when my kids play and work together: My boys sure can argue and fight! But I enjoyed listening to them play together this afternoon. They took a bunch of army men out on the back patio and had a battle. (I just realized there's a bit of irony there- they stopped fighting and got toys and pretended to fight - boys!) Then, tonight my husband asked the kids to work on a project together and they did. I love those moments.

5. Playdates (especially ones that involve a delivered latte): I have a friend here who has 3 boys and a (new) little girl. Her little one is 3 months old. We have a lot in common, including our love of Starbucks. The boys played outside with the slip n' slide and a tub of water (with plastic cups that makes for a great water fight). My friend brought me a delicious iced caramel macchiatto (and, oh yes, I was working on that one at the gym tonight, too).

6. Prayers with my husband: My husband and I pray together. I am thankful for our communication and faith. I have been more aware of the benefits of our joined prayers this week.

7. Peanutallergy.com: I am enjoying the forums on Peanutallergy.com. It is nice to interact with others that are going through the same challenges as me. It is also wonderful to learn from other experiences.

8. My kids' thankful hearts: Sometimes, like today, I ask my kids what they are thankful for. Their answers: My 8 year old: "A quick dentist appointment" (that was nice for all of us), my 5 year old: "Video Games" (those were nice while we waited for my 8 year old at the dentist), my 4 year old: "Ice Cream" (And that's another reason I'm excited about the gym membership!)

That's my list for today. Thank you for stopping by to read my thankful thoughts.

6 comments:

wife.mom.nurse said...

Those are all wonderful. So much to be thankful for!

Nowheymama said...

Great list!

He & Me + 3 said...

Jane Anne,

Those are wonderful things to be thankful for. I love playdates that deliver goods...like coffees too! How fun. Even better to have adult conversation. Stacey was here all week and it was so great having an adult to converse with.
Yea on the gym membership too!

Jessica said...

I loved this list! Good for you, joining a club! You have much to be thankful for!

More Than Words said...

Jane Anne..I ALWAYS enjoy your thankful lists!!!! I don't know how to explain it..but they are just so simple, but yet are so profound!!! I know..I sound so corny right now! But, I wanted to let you know that I'm always blessed when I read these every week!

Missy said...

I wish my husband and I were mature enough in our faith and our marriage to be able to pray together.


I am thankful that I got to see you last weekend! =)