Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Flashback: Us Waaay Back When

I set off looking for a Friday Flashback photo of my husband and I. We are going to celebrate our 14th anniversary in a few days.

We started dating when I was a senior in high school (my husband was a junior -yep, I'm older than him). Anyway... my photo search resulted in an amazing find and fun walk down memory lane.

I vaguely remember this photo. My parents were frequent customers at Olan Mills and I think they had a deal that was going to expire and that's the reason we ended up getting a professional photo done.

Oh my, I forgot that my husband used to wear bow ties!


It was trendy. No, maybe not trendy. A few of the guys (the ones with a lot of personality) would wear bow ties to church or work (I remember a few of them worked at an upscale clothing store for men). My husband worked in a nice restaurant. I believe they wore bow ties there. But, he loved them and wore then to church, too. Honestly, I am sketchy on the details.

I totally forgot about my husband's bow tie wearing days. I wish you could see my face. I cannot stop smiling right now.

Weren't we just the cutest couple?

I'm linking up with Alicia today at
More Than Words. Join in the fun with her Flashback Friday meme.

22 comments:

Seth said...

The REST of the Story...

We had been engaged about a 6 months (this was the summer after we got engaged but still had a year before we got married) and we were on winter break from college. I worked at a restaurant, Yes. An upscale restaurant? No. I was a server at Ruby Tuesday's at the time and we wore the bow ties. I was just cool enough to pull it off when I wasn't at work... actually I was oblivious enough to current style and trends to not care.

And yes, we ARE the cutest couple.

Jane Anne said...

Ah, that's right... now "The REST of the Story" is making me smile EVEN BIGGER.

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Oh. Seth.
I can't even find the words...

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! I totally feel like I am back in college :) I've always loved this pic of the two of you!!! Happy 'early' Anniversary! Miss you guys!!!

~Maggie

More Than Words said...

Yes...you are a very cute couple!!! I have a. Couple of Olan Mills pictures too!!

McCrakensx4 said...

I am so glad that Seth filled us in on the REST!!!! And YES you are the cutest couple!! Look at those long locks!!! And that bow tie is to die for; thanks for taking us back!!!!

Beth E. said...

Hahaha...I love the picture AND your hubby's comment! You two are adorable. :-)

He & Me + 3 said...

I love it! YOu are both so cute!

really.truly said...

Very cute! I love how your husband added his own thoughts through his comment ;) I love it when husbands comment.

I remember Olan Mills....we had a couple of photo shoots there too!

RLR said...

I may have to join in on Flashback Friday sometime - looks like fun! Loved your story, and that Seth commented, too!
Have a great weekend!

Amy Jo said...

hehehe...see, Seth Andrew? Geek boy really does fit. :):) JJ, you look gorgeous as always!

Trisha said...

too cute!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Oh this was so sweet. Come by and see the good news.

Nowheymama said...

Happy Anniversary!

Kimberly said...

Haha! Cute photo and great story. You two were obviously made for each other. :)

Unknown said...

Y'all are adorable and I'm TOTALLY loving the bow tie! Friday Flashback is so fun! : )

Jeanne said...

That is so sweet! What a cute couple you are! I love it!

Mimi said...

How adorable. And 'The Rest of the Story', makes it better!

skeeter said...

I remember seeing that picture proudly displayed in Granny's (your Aunt Kathryn's) apartment. Great post!
-Kathryn

Jen said...

Lol! Ruby Tuesday's - I too, wore bow ties at the rest. I worked at, but never tried them outside of work - looks good on him! Takes 'panache' to carry that look off.

and yes, you are the cutest couple!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a precious couple! Happy Anniversary!!! :)

momstheword said...

Oh you guys are adorable!!!!! I too forgot about the whole bow-tie wearing thing (although I am older than you).

Don'tcha just love the old pictures!