Thursday, June 11, 2009
Thursday Thanks Tank #91
Every Thursday I take time to be thankful. Thursdays have become one of my favorite days for this reason.
I am thankful for:
1. Good Teachers: I am incredibly thankful for my son's 2nd grade teacher. He happened to have her last year, too (she had a 1st-2nd grade split class last year). She brought him from struggling to read to constantly having his head in a book. He loves to learn. She is a big part of the reason.
2. Dress up clothes: I love seeing my kids excited about dressing up.
After all, what could be better than hugging Elmo?
3. My son didn't get sick on the ride: My 8 year-old rode a ride this weekend that took him really high (about 100 feet in the air), really fast. He's a little squeamish about heights. I have no idea why we let him ride the ride. I am thankful (so thankful) that he didn't throw up.
That's him - the one circled. He looks thrilled, doesn't he?
4. Motivation: I have no idea what's been motivating me but I have been cleaning like a crazy woman all week. I am thankful for that motivation. It was extra nice when I saw a friend tonight and we decided to forgo the McDonald's play land trip tomorrow at lunch and let the kids play at my house. Why not? My house is clean (or mostly) - woo hoo!
5. Baseball fields located next to playgrounds: Two of my boys are playing baseball right now (one in t-ball and one in coach pitch). The teams don't practice on the same days (that's a blessing) or fields. Both fields are located at a park that also has a playground. This is a great arrangement for a family with 4 kids!
6. Lessons in unexpected places: A friend of mine asked for prayer and through her request, I learned a lesson. In other words, I was asked to pray and God taught me through the situation.
7. Thursdays: As lame as this is for #7, I am thankful for my focus on thankful thoughts on Thursdays. I spent the day cleaning and thinking thankful thoughts. Now, I am too tired to make a decent list... but I am thankful for Thursdays.