Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday Thanks Tank #93



Oregon is one of 2 states (NJ is the other one, I think) where you are not allowed to pump your own gas. You pull up to the gas station, the attendant comes to your car, you provide your payment and specify what type of gas and how much you want, and then you wait in the car. Most of the time, after the gas automatically shuts off, the attendant say, "Do you want you me to top that off for you?"

My Thanks Tank was "topped off" today. We are enjoying a rare treat: visiting our families. I am happy and extremely thankful for this visit to see our families. I am just going to make the list about our trip even though I have much more to be thankful for this week (It is quite late here in the Eastern Time Zone. Oh boy, I wonder how long it is going to take for me to adjust.)

I am thankful for:

A safe flight: Flying makes me nervous. It isn't the plane or a fear of heights. It's the smell of the complimentary peanuts handed out on the plane. We made it safely with no reactions. Here's a (not so flattering) picture of my crew (no, he isn't picking his nose and, yes, I dressed them all in red so I could spot them easily)

Clothes handmade by Grandma: Isn't she precious?

Cousins Swimming (and playing) Together: On one side of our family, there are 11 cousins. Here's a picture of 8 of them swimming. The three youngest weren't in the pool at the time.

Cousins playing dress-up together: It is so delightful to see my little girl following her girl cousins around.

Getting to hold my newest nephew: He's 4 months old and he is one sweet little man.

Delayed luggage as opposed to lost luggage: ONE of our bags didn't make it to our destination when we did. Sure enough, it was the bag with my 4 year old's sleeping buddy. I cannot even begin to tell you how afraid I was that this bag was lost. Thankfully, we got the bag tonight and everyone was able to go to sleep happy.

Digital Cameras: I took 56 pictures today. This was the 1st day of our vacation. We have so much more family to see. I LOVE my digital camera.

Take time to be thankful. Take time to appreciate your family. That's what I am doing today.

14 comments:

cbogie said...

What a great Day 1! Here's to many more!

Your very 1st comment about not pumping our own gas in OR reminded me of when we moved here. We drove to OR from the east and my husband didn't know the law, and got yelled at for trying to pump his own gas! Now when we go out of state, we sit there at the pump wondering why no one will help us!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Oh it looks like you are having so much fun! I love the dress made by grandma!!!

More Than Words said...

What a good idea about the shirts!!

Looks like you're having a blast w/ your family!!!!

Can't wait to see more pictures!

Kimberly said...

looks like you got your hair cut! loved that even amidst your busyness you took the time to share a thanks tank! i'm so excited for you and the time you get to spend back in tennessee with friend and family. glad to hear you all made it - even Bobby (though it was later than planned!) ;-)

Carmom said...

Great list. Matt and I really wish we could have made it to TN while you guys are there. But we just can't get away right now. Have fun.

He & Me + 3 said...

We are so much alike. I hate to travel on the plane too. I don't do it. Cause I am too scared.
I love my digital camera too, I think I have taken like 500 since I have arrived on Monday.
Love that you dressed them all in red to travel.
Cute handmade dress too.

Nowheymama said...

I love these posts.

RLR said...

I'm taking notes preparing for our next big trip! Love the clothes made by Grandma!
Off to celebrate Miss M's birthday :)
(My word verification today is "undies" - haha!)

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh how fun! And I know what you mean about the time change...Sunday was leave for CO which is only and hour differt, but then we go to MI which is 3 hours different! What a great list and great pictures! I can tell your clan is having lots of fun! And I love digital cameras too...lov'em! I dress mine in the same bright colors too when we fly and I only have 2!! Have a super fun visit! Can't wait to see more! May God continue to bless your travels~

Trisha said...

Glad the flight was a good one! We take our kids on an airplane at the end of July and it already makes me a bit nervous!

And, I had no idea you weren't allowed to pump gas in two states! ha!

Amy Jo said...

YAY! How you all handling the heat?? :) It looks like the trip has started off really well. Have a wonderful time.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Beautiful list! And great photos...looks like everyone is having a great time!

Beth E. said...

I'm so glad there were no problems with allergy reactions during your flight. Praying for a safe, happy time for you and your family while everyone is together!

Family time is the best time. :-)

samantha said...

I'm glad you all made it safely. Enjoy all the time you have with your family. Very cute pictures and love the dress!!! I hope you will post more pictures.