Monday, June 22, 2009

What my 4 Year-Old Thinks


For Father's Day this year, we made Daddy a book. It was complete with a letter from me, pictures from the kids, and interviews from each of the boys.

My 4 year old's answers to my "What I think about Daddy" Interview:

1. What is something daddy always says to you?

I love you.

2. What makes daddy happy?

Sometimes when I say I don’t love you and then I say, I really do love you.
He just tickles me because he likes it.

3. What makes daddy sad?

When I hit him in the eyeballs or in the tenders

4. How does your daddy make you laugh?

He tickles me.

5. What was your daddy like as a child?

Playful

6. How old is your daddy?

55

7. How tall is your daddy?

Tall as a house maybe

8. What is his favorite thing to watch on TV?

The news

9. What does your daddy do when you're not around?

Watch the news or something. I don’t know.

10. If your daddy becomes famous, what will it be for?

Carrying a big thing

11. What is your daddy really good at?

Carrying something very, very heavy

12. What is your daddy not very good at?

Carrying a GIANT thing

13. What does your daddy do for his job?

I don’t know. He works at Target.

14. What is your dad’s favorite food?

Chili

15. What makes you proud of your dad?

When he draws something for me.

16. If your daddy were a cartoon character, who would he be?

Tom (from Tom and Jerry)

17. What do you and your dad do together?

I ride with him in the front of the truck sometimes.

18. How are you and your dad the same?

We are both boys.

19. How are you and your dad different?

He has a beard and I don’t.

20. How do you know your daddy loves you?

Because he tells me.

21. What does your dad like most about your mom?

He likes watching movies with you.

22. Where is your dad’s favorite place to go?

Target


Hop over and check out the cute pictures my kids drew for the book: Father’s Day 2009

13 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Ha ha....55. :) Very cute. Thanks for sharing this!

McCrakensx4 said...

So cute! Gotta love those answers that they give...funny! Thanks for sharing; hope you all enjoyed your day!

More Than Words said...

LOLOLOL!! His tenders!

Trisha said...

Love the tenders! THe book is a wonderful idea! I may have to steal that.

everydayMOM said...

very cute! Great idea! Now... does your husband work at Target? He definitely isn't tall as a house and it doesn't look like he has a beard???

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

When did Seth grow a beard??? The "tenders"...love it!
-Jill

Beth E. said...

What a great gift idea! I loved the answers to the questions...especially #3. LOL

Carrie said...

Aw, that is so sweet! I love those answers, especially what makes him sad! LOL! What a great book he'll love to look at over and over! ;)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

How precious. I never thought about doing this quiz on Dad, that was so much fun...

He & Me + 3 said...

That is too cute. I guess hubs is good at carrying big things. That is too funny. My favorite place is Target too.

wife.mom.nurse said...

That book is such a treasure. Love it!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

"Eyeballs and tenders!" - too funny

I love love love this idea and am stealing it for next year. My poor hubby got next to nothing this year...I've got to do better. A truly wonderful idea and I'm guessing your husband loved it!

samantha said...

Love this book idea. I will have to use this in the future!!! Tenders, what a great name. We have been trying to come up with something that sounded a little nicer. =)