Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Salsa Beef Skillet

This is a very tasty recipe. It is extremely simple. The main thing to remember is that you need to have time (about 2 hours) to let everything simmer.

Salsa Beef Skillet

1 boneless chuck roast (2 -2 1/2 pounds) cut into 3/4 inch cubes (I use stew meat)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
2 tablespoons lime juice

Hot cooked rice

In a large skillet, brown beef in oil; drain. Add salsa, tomato sauce, garlic, brown sugar and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; heat through. Serve over rice.
Yield: 4-6 servings (unless your husband loves it like mine)

Just a little note: For anyone who thinks I am hopelessly addicted to blogging... well, you are right. I also use the blogger option to schedule posts. (So, no, I didn't bring recipes on my trip just so I could blog.)

4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Good for you that it posted...mine haven't been posting at all since I left for vacation. I am just at the inlaws...so I have plenty of free time to blog:)
Sounds yummy.

Trisha said...

that sounds delish! Hope you guys are having a good time!

samantha said...

Haha I thought maybe you gave us a family's recipie. I'm sure my family would like this one. I will give it a try.

More Than Words said...

That sounds yummy!! I'll have to try that one day!!