Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lovin' My Dad

Daddy, I love you.
I love you for all that you do.
Not for all that you did.
I love you for what you gave me.
I love you even more for who you are to me now.
You gave me life, you gave me faith, and you gave me love.
You sent me out with open arms
So that when I looked back, I could run back to you if I needed to.
Daddy, I love you.
I love you for your constant presence in my life.
I love you for the way you encourage me as a parent.
I love you for your prayers – the requests and the prayers lifted up for me.
You make me smile, you make me proud, and you motivate me to be the best I can.
You give me a glimpse of what God’s love is like.
Daddy, I love you.

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I love the line about you showed me a glimpse of what God's love is like...now that is a huge compliment to your dad.
He must be awesome!
Happy Father's day to him!
Great picture!

McCrakensx4 said...

What an awesome tribute to your dad. Love the words you used. Hoping you and your family enjoy Father's day!

Trisha said...

Beautiful words Jane Anne! Sounds like a wonderful Dad!

Carrie said...

That is awesome! What a great picture and beautiful words to honor him! Happy Father's Day to your special men!

{and I love your post about the garage sale..heehee!}

wife.mom.nurse said...

What a wonderful daughter you are. Blessed to have a great dad.