Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday Thanks Tank #92



Here is what is filling up my Thanks Tank today:

Summer break: Our summer break started this week. I love having all of my kids home and not having to get up early.

Relaxed Weekends: We had such a nice weekend last weekend. My 4 year-old taught me how to play Indiana Jones on the Wii. I watched a movie with my hubby. I got a massage... ok, I can't remember much else after that.

Friends that will watch my kids at a moment's notice: One afternoon I got an appointment scheduled with the principal of my son's school for the next morning. I am thankful for friends that I feel comfortable to ask to watch my kids at a moment's notice.

Planning ahead: I am thankful for the plans I am making with the school for my son to start kindergarten. The meeting with the principal was very helpful. We worked on the timeline to get provisions in place (letter to parents, setting up peanut-free table, educating students, etc).

Baseball: Two of my boys are playing baseball (coach pitch and t-ball). We have had beautiful nights for the games. It is crazy making it there on time but once we get there, it is just really nice.

Garage Sales: My neighborhood is having a neighborhood garage sale this weekend. Boy, oh boy, I am thankful for that! I have been cleaning out all week and it is wonderful to be decluttering. I don't know if I will make very much money and I don't really care. I am really excited about getting rid of stuff I don't need or use.

Family and a Vacation: I am getting excited about our upcoming vacation to see our families. I am incredibly thankful for my family. I feel very blessed to be able to make this trip. (And, yep, I am so excited I am not even thinking about how challenging it might be to bring my crew across the country.)

Tadpoles and Newts: A few minutes ago my oldest brought in some tadpoles and newts. He is SO excited about catching these little guys. I am thankful... just because... it means I am a mom of an 8 year-old boy.

Look how proud he is of his catch:


That's a sampling of my thankful heart. I am off to finish dinner and get ready for a T-ball game.

8 comments:

RLR said...

When you are back from your vacation, you'll have to share any "lessons learned" with me!
Hope you enjoyed another wonderful evening of baseball!

He & Me + 3 said...

How blessed to have friends that you trust to watch your kids at a moments notice. That is awesome. I am thankful for summer break too. I love getting up and around whenever we see fit. Nice to relax for sure.

McCrakensx4 said...

What a great list! Love all of your thankful thoughts!
And Your boy is so proud! So great to relax however it may be and we are so excited that our summer vacas are coming soon!

Carrie said...

Love having a boy...sometimes ;)

It's definitely nice to have friends like that...and have used them before too...and also feel good that I can be a friend that is called upon to do the same!

Great list...I will miss baseball when it is over, we've also enjoyed that this summer! enjoy!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Oh goodness, I share some of the same list. I am so thankful for people like you setting the way for a safe environment for our PA kids. Thank you so much, I know there will be parents that are so thankful for the work you have done on this.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

What a great list of things to be thankful for...not all mamas would add tadpoles and newts to their list. You are awesome for being thankful for that...and just look at his enormous grin!

Nowheymama said...

Forget garage sales--I'm thankful for all of the nice things people in my neighborhood leave out at the curb! ;)

Jessica said...

Garage sale..where, when, can I come?? :)