I am spending time today thinking about everything that has brought me joy this week. My thanks tank is overflowing. Here are my thankful thoughts:
1. Vacation: We took a small vacation (4 days) to Washington to visit friends. Our hosts made us feel at home and special at the same time. We were also able to get together with a group of friends on short notice. It was relaxing and so much fun!
2. Play Time: I am talking about being able to be silly as an adult. My friends rented a blow-up slip and slide for their daughter’s birthday party. And, the adults got in on the fun. I haven’t laughed so hard in quite a while. It was crazy fun!
3. Laughter: I laughed a lot this past (extended) weekend. It is so refreshing to have fun.
4. My Marriage: We celebrated 13 years on the 22nd. I love being married to my husband.
5. Country Roads: On the way home from Washington, we got off the interstate and took a 99W. Oh, it was beautiful! We saw such amazing scenery. We were extra glad that we didn’t hurry home on the interstate.
6. Meal Planning: I have been fine tuning my meal planning the last couple of weeks. We had gotten too relaxed with our grocery shopping and were suffering for it (too many trips and extra cost). I am going shopping once a week.
7. A clean home: I worked extra hard before we left town to clean the house. I came home to a clean kitchen and bedroom. That was a tremendous accomplishment and feeling.
8. A husband that Cooks: My husband came home last night and asked if he could step in and cook dinner. I let him take over and I had time to relax.
9. Finding things that are Lost: I loose things often (too often). I love it when lost items are found!
10. Being Truthful: I started to tell a “white lie” yesterday and I caught myself. I caught myself as the words were starting to come out of my mouth. There was no hiding my mistake. I could have let it slide but having to humble myself and explain why I almost fibbed was so much better than not being totally honest. I am thankful for honesty and I want to uphold it always.
11. Family: I caught up with a family member today that I hadn’t talked to in a long time. We couldn’t get off the phone. We just kept talking as long as we could and then talked more. Family is priceless.