Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Tuesday Recipe Try-Out

I have a goal to try out at least one new recipe each week. I have something new cooking in the crockpot as I write. I am going to share some of these recipes from time to time (maybe not every week). It all depends on if I like the recipe and if I get around to blogging it. Anway, we tried the following recipe out last week. Seth and I really enjoyed it. The kids were indifferent (didn't complain much but didn't gobble it up, either). I love it because besides being yummy, it is really easy to make.

BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN BAKE

Ingredients:
1 19 ounce can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg Stove Top Stuffing Mix for chicken
2 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bit-sized pieces
1 tsp dried basil leaves
2 cups Mozzarella shredded cheese, separated

PREHEAT oven to 400. Place tomatoes in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix and garlic. Stir until moistened.

PLACE chicken pieces in greased 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle w/ basil and 1 cup cheese. Top with stuffing mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Jane Anne~

This sounds yummy. I'll look forward to your future recipes, too. I'm always looking to expand our menus a bit, especially with easy choices.

By the way, I love your new profile photo. You look great!

Jessica said...

I've tried this before (I think out of the kraft magazine) and it's yummy! Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to make it again.

Kimberly said...

sounds pretty good. not much of a "stuffing" girl - I'll have to try it out!