Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday #47

My thanks tank is full. Here are some of the things that filled it up this week:
1. Friends that look out for one another: I meet weekly with a group of girls. This past week I was going to have to miss out because my husband had a meeting. A friend in the group emailed her sister in law (who happens to live across the street from me) to secure babysitting for me. That was a welcomed surprise and blessing.
2. Relaxing weekend: This past weekend was so relaxing. We were able to enjoy a lot of fun family time.
3. Praying with my husband: It is so tremendous when we take time to talk and then pray about what we talk about. That kind of communication is priceless.
4. Baby laughs: I love making Elsie giggle.
5. Getting Items Marked off the To Do List: I got 2 big things done today. They weren’t really big in a size way. They were big because they had been on my to do list for a month.
6. Sunshine: It has been so nice this week! I am loving warm summer weather (and air conditioning!).
7. Prioritizing: I am reworking some of my priorities and it feels good. I am learning and re-learning what is really important.
8. Kids playing nicely together: This week we met a new friend: a 7 year-old whose dad and step-mom just moved down the street. He isn’t going to live here full-time, but when he is here, the boys are going to have a blast! They have played wonderfully with him for almost 5 days straight.
9. Sleep: I love getting a good night’s sleep. I slept for almost 10 hours last night! It was incredible.
10. Reading: I am still enjoying using the local library for books. The kids are also loving the summer reading program.
11. Creativity: Today I needed to take my son to get his glasses adjusted. He was begging to take his video game along on the ride. My husband made a comment that it was so close we could almost walk there and that he didn't need to play on such a short trip. That's when I got the idea to ride our bikes there. My 7 year old was SO excited! It was priceless seeing my 7 year old go from complaining about having to go to running out the door with his helmet and a big smile on his face.
12. Family Pictures: We snapped this picture on the 4th of July. We were just hanging out after a nice meal on our patio and we decided to try out the timer function on our camera. I love pictures of my family and I am thankful we were able to get this one.



Take time to be thankful today. You will benefit from it.

4 comments:

Pam said...

How cute y'all look in the family shot!

I loved your list this week, Jane Anne. What a wonderful friend to help arrange childcare so you didn't miss a get together.

That's awesome and something I totally miss in this place I find myself.

Thanks so much for sharing your heart. It truly ministers to mine.

Kimberly said...

As always I am truly inspired by your thankful thoughts. I get such joy out of reading what is making others thankful. I'm thankful that I can use my fingers to count down the days til I get to see you and your family. Anah was asking me today (with no prompting from me or anyone else and rather out of the blue) how long until Uncle Seth, Aunt Jane Anne, Jonathan, David, Thomas and Elsie were going to come up and stay with us and how long will they be able to stay. It was so exciting telling her that you'd be here by next Friday!!!!! Yeah!!!

Kathy said...

I love family photos too - what a great shot of everybody! Such good color too! How blessed you are, Jane Anne... you all look awesome. Thanks for your list of thanks. : ) It's always a good reminder for me to be thankful for my blessings as well.

janet said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the family pic! I know what you mean about learning to re-prioritize...The Lord and I have been doing that this week also!

Blessings to you and yours!
Love in Christ,
Janet