Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday Thanks Tank #109



I did not have a good day yesterday. It was the kind of day when everything seems to go wrong. If you had asked me what made my day bad, I wouldn't have been able to pinpoint one thing. My day was made up of a combination struggles and frustrations. At the end of the day, through tears, I said, "Sometimes my job makes me feel so stupid. I hate that." I was frustrated with everything and everyone- especially myself.

I started today with an emotional hangover. I woke up exhausted. I also woke up with a crick in my neck. I wondered, "How am I supposed to have a thankful attitude today?"

A few hours later, I found myself looking through the pictures I took yesterday (yep, I pretty much take pictures everyday). I found a picture that not only made me smile but it gave me a reason to be thankful.

Last Night's Sunset


The sunset picture reminded me that today is a new day. More importantly, I remembered that I have a compassionate God that I can depend on throughout my day. Verses in Lamentations came to mind that talk about every morning being new. I looked up the words (found in chapter 3):

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness

I am thankful for LOVE, COMPASSION, FAITHFULNESS from my God and I am thankful for a new day.

I hope you take time to be thankful today. I am going to spend my day being thankful for the good things in my life.


Now, I have to get back to the playdough party that just started in my kitchen.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What beautiful thoughts.

I was a little scared for today since it's my first without family help since the baby was born. But it's been good so far and I'm so thankful for my kids.

Thanks for the reminder...

He & Me + 3 said...

I had one of those days last week. It ended in tears too. Brought me straight to His feet wanting to be held in Abba Fathers arms. So glad you looked through those pictures. The sky He painted just for you last night was beautiful.

Macey said...

Beautiful picture and a beautiful post, J.A. : )

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. I've been there too. The picture of the sunset is beautiful and I hope you're having a better today.

Trisha said...

clicking the "like" button. :)

Avery's Mommy said...

Wow I had the same day yesterday with the same exact thoughts and feelings and exhaustion. I skipped reading my Bible yesterday too. I didn't do that today and it went much better!

Kaleena said...

What a lovely sunset!

More Than Words said...

Isn't that awesome that His mercies are new every morning? We don't have to dwell on our yesterday's!!

That's a beautiful picture!!!!

Beth E. said...

Days like that are so frustrating. However, you made a fresh start today...good for you! :-)

Foursons said...

Glad you found beauty in the midst of your storm. God is good!