Monday, October 12, 2009

Keeping it Simple on Monday

Each week my blog friend, Nicole (from He Gives Me Grace), posts a "Simple Woman's Daybook" (Read more daybooks here: Simple Woman’s Daybook). I always enjoy reading her answers so today I decided to participate.




FOR TODAY...October 12th

Outside my window... frost on the rooftops

I am thinking... "Oh, I am tired"

I am thankful for...weekends

I am wearing...black shirt, black cardigan, and green pants

I am remembering...a sweet tea party that my daughter went to yesterday

I am going... to wake up eventually (must get more coffee...)

I am reading...Jodi Piccolt's "Handle With Care"

I am hoping... I can get rid of the clutter on my kitchen counter today

On my mind...my allergic son's first substitute teacher

Noticing that...I am moving really slow today

Pondering these words..."Whoever or whatever controls our identities controls our happiness."

From the kitchen...Spaghetti for dinner

Around the house....toys, way too many toys

One of my favorite things...a clean kitchen floor (which just doesn't last long enough around here)

From my picture journal..a picture of my daughter from yesterday at her 1st tea party (There were 4 little girls there. It was the sweetest thing.)

12 comments:

Trisha said...

i just love that idea. here's to clearing off that ktichen counter clutter! :)

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh how precious! What a cutie!

I posted about getting rid of clutter (piles of paperwork). Now if I can only get it done!

Unknown said...

Hey! I'm so glad to see you joining in on the Daybook fun.

Totally understand about the substitute teacher thing. Our old school was small enough that they'd call me when Jack's class needed a sub. It was perfect. Here in our bigger place that hasn't happened yet. It makes me feel a bit better that Jack is older now and more able to handle allergy stuff on his own.

By the way, I also totally understand about the too many toys thing.

He & Me + 3 said...

Super cute picture. I love a clean kitchen floor too.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh the clutter...Gotta get rid of it baby!!! ;) Im on a mission as well..but I am wiping everything down!

Beth E. said...

Oh, I LOVE to clear the clutter in my kitchen! My three guys have "Any Flat Surface Will Do" syndrome. They dump all of their junk on the snack bar in the kitchen. It drives me crazy!

I like this post...what a great idea! AND...I love the pic of your daughter...she's precious!

Unknown said...

Our clutter counter is above the junk drawer so the counter was renamed to the junk counter, good luck with your junk counter.

McCrakensx4 said...

What a fun post idea! And your daughter's tea party pic is so darn cute! I am tired, but should not be...no school today! Not looking forward to tomorrow though and frost on the rooftops...brr!

Anonymous said...

Your blog used to brighten my day, and now you are soooo boring!

More Than Words said...

I did this meme a couple of times before! It's so fun to do! I love answering questions.

Look at your precious little girl!! So cute!!!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

what a fun meme!! love it!!

Carrie said...

What a sweet picture! Brrr...frost already! And I love spaghetti...we eat that once a week! I love reading these lists too! Hope your son did just fine with the sub teacher :) I dream of clean floors...