Thursday, October 08, 2009

Thursday Thanks Tank #107



Each Thursday I make a list of my thankful thoughts. I spend time throughout my day appreciating the little and big things in my life. My posted list gives you a glimpse of my thankful heart.

This year, I mourned the loss of summer. Fall arrived and I didn't smile. I wanted more sunshine and warmth. I am finally settling in and enjoying fall. I have spent the last day or so thinking about how Fall makes me happy.

I am thankful for Fall. Here are some of the reasons.

1. Open Houses at School:

2. Colorful Leaves:


3. Pumpkins:

4. Sweaters:

5. Lambs grazing in the fields:


6. Costumes:
These pictures were both taken on Wednesday. My kids dress up regularly and these aren't their Halloween costumes this year. Batman was here for Halloween last year - and many, many days in between. Elmo just likes dressing up like her brothers.


7. Fall Sunsets:


I am enjoying Fall now. I haven't given up on wearing Birkenstocks yet but I am enjoying Fall.

Take time to be thankful today. You will be glad you did.

11 comments:

More Than Words said...

I love his expression in the first picture!!

Those trees are so beautiful too! Love the fall colors also!!

Trisha said...

We have been noticing the leaves around here too! It feels so good to walk outside and feel that fall air!

Unknown said...

Although I was fairly ready for school to start, I also wasn't really ready for fall temps. Mostly because our summer weather was so cool.

He & Me + 3 said...

I am thankful for FAll for all those reasons too. Beautiful pictures.

Dawn Wilson said...

Those are great pictures! Yes, we all need to take time to count our blessings. I'm glad I came across your blog.

Macey said...

I love Fall sunsets! We have that same Elmo costume at our house. :)

TheFitHousewife said...

Hi. I just stumbled across your blog and it seems great! I love the pictures, especially of the fall scenery! Normally I love fall too, but this year it's been snowing for the past few days! YUCK!

McCrakensx4 said...

Great list...too bad that AZ doesn't have fall...I miss it so much. Makes me thankful for the memories I have of apple orchards, pumpkin patches, changing leaves and cool crisp air! Oh well! Great pics!

Foursons said...

Beautiful photos!

Beth E. said...

Fall is in the air here, too! The leaves are just beginning to change colors. I love it!

Ellen said...

I love all of your pictures Jane Anne! (and all the things you're thankful for!)