Thursday, October 01, 2009

Thursday Thanks Tank #106



When I think through my week, I realize that I have many reasons to be thankful for friends. I received encouraging emails and facebook comments. There were real-life moments when people made a difference in my day. I appreciate the people in my life.

Today, I am thankful for my friends.

1. Friends that make concessions for my family because of my son's allergies. I had a friend that had a special event planned last week at her house. She moved the event because my son has been having a terrible time with his asthma and he is allergic to her dogs. I was grateful.

2. Friends that played with my daughter while I tried to get a few pictures of my sons playing soccer. It's wonderful to be able to run over to the perfect spot knowing that my daughter was happy and in good hands.

3. Friends that come over, hang out, and don't care that I didn't really get the table clean before we ate dinner. Sadly enough, I had cleaned the table. I just didn't do a good job. I love friends that don't care about things like that.

4. Friends that swap babysitting with me. Tuesday morning, I watched a friend's kids so she could work in her son's classroom and then she came back and watched mine so I could get some PTO work done. It worked out wonderfully. We both got some things done that we needed to and our kids had a playdate.

5. Friends that send pictures of a coffee mug to me on my phone. The picture was special because I knew what it meant. My friend was drinking out of our special "prayer mugs" and she was praying for me.

6. Friends that share tough feelings. I read a blog post this week from a friend that I have met in real life but that I don't know well. She moved into the town we left right after we left. Anyway, I appreciated her open and honest post about friendships, wanting intimacy in relationships, and needing to rely on her faith.

7. Friends that offer help without me asking. I had a friend call me and ask me what she could do to help. I was getting ready for a PTO event. She was able to help me and I didn't have as much to do before the meeting.

8. Friends that understand when I have to change my plans.

9. Friends that encourage me to be true to myself. I tend to be the kind of person that empathizes with everyone. This makes it hard for me to do what I need to do to take care of myself. I hate disappointing others and letting people down. I had a friend remind me that I need to take care of myself. I appreciate that.

10. Friends that compliment my children. I appreciate the kind words of friends. Sometimes, my children seem like little Tasmanian devils. Compliments are sweet to my worn-out mom soul.

11. Friends that read my blog. All of you are my blog friends. I am thankful for each of you. There is a special sweetness when I know my 'real-life' friends are reading my blog.

12. Friends that bring me lattes. Any takers? Oh well, a girl can dream (and reminisce), right?

Take time to be thankful today, you will be glad you did.

8 comments:

RLR said...

I'm thankful for your comment on my post yesterday. It's tough to be cutting back on reading and posting, so your comment was encouraging.
Another wonderful list this week!

Foursons said...

You have some amazing friends and lots of reasons to be thankful!

Kimberly said...

a latte' "date" with you my friend would be divine!!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I totally wish I had some friends that wanted to swap babysitting. I used to babysit for some moms that did that too. Sure saves money. Great list, sounds like you have some super great IRL friends.

wife.mom.nurse said...

Beautiful post.

Friends are a blessing from up above :)

Jen said...

Aw, I'd bring you a latte! Friends can truly make your day in so many ways. Wonderful list!

Anonymous said...

I think this is my favorite of all the Thanks Tanks I've read!

Anonymous said...

Jane Ann your an inspiration. You don't even have any idea who I am, and yet you still make such a difference in the way I see things. Thank you :)