Thursday, August 27, 2009
Thursday Thanks Tank #102
An anonymous commenter commented today on my last post that they were disappointed that there wasn't a Thanks Tank today. It's still Thursday! I spend my day focusing on thankfulness on Thursdays. Sometimes I post early and sometimes I post late. There's no set post time. The only guarantee you get is that I am spending my day taking note of the goodness in my life.
That said- two more things to say before I get to my list.
1) For those of you looking for my Thanks Tank today- thank you- you made me smile. I was surprised by the anonymous commenter. I also had a facebook note from my sister and a call from my husband wondering if I was going to post a Thanks Tank. Thank you for looking forward to my thankful thoughts.
2) It is hard to focus on thankfulness when you have a sick child. My energy is gone. If you will, say a quick prayer for my little guy. He's been sick for a week. He's the only one that has been sick even though we have probably all shared germs. Really -my daughter should be sick. She grabbed his otter pop and sucked up some delicious Popsicle. Beyond that, he grabbed her pacifier popped it in his mouth and then put it back in hers all in about 5 seconds. So... we took him to the doctor yesterday. They did blood work but didn't find anything alarming. He threw up again tonight. He's been in a lot of pain -stomach pain. He's my tough guy. He's been having a hard time. The following picture is of him this afternoon. Before you think I'm terrible, please know that I had to tell him not to smile when I took out the camera.
As I write this list, I am cultivating my thankful thoughts. Here are some of the ways my Thanks Tank is being filled:
1. Company: We had friends visit us this past weekend. It was refreshing to be with good friends. We talked and laughed until the wee hours of the night.
2. My husband's friend: It makes me happy to see my husband spend time with a good friend. I am also thankful for this friend that traveled and brought a trailer full of tools so he could work on a home improvement project with my husband.
3. Colored Pictures: I received several coloring book pages in the mail today from my niece and nephew. They were colored for me and my husband. I am thankful for those sweet hands that colored for me. It brought a smile to my face.
4. MOPS: I spent some time this week putting together a slide show of pictures from last year's MOPS group. Many of the pictures made me smile. I am thankful for all the fun we had last year and I am looking forward to the coming year.
5. Grace: I was reminded this week that I need grace. I am weak. I struggle with impatience and irritability. I am glad that God gives me grace and that his Grace is sufficient for me. ("My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 1 Cor. 12:9)
6. Honesty:I was asked for feedback this week and I gave honest feedback. I hesitated. I thought about sugar coating my concerns. I didn't. I felt good about being truthful. I was encouraged when I was thanked for my honesty.
7. Friends: Didn't I already say this one? Yep. I am thankful for our friends that came to visit us. They are a blessing to me. (You are reading this, I know you are.)
8. The Moon: The moon is bright tonight. It's beautiful. I am thankful for peaceful nights. My day was long and I love the peaceful, quiet night.
9. My Dishwasher: I am thankful for my dishwasher- yes, yes I am. But, what I am really thankful for tonight is my husband. He came home from a late meeting (just after I got the kids in bed) and agreed to clean the kitchen.
That's it for me tonight. I am TIIIIIIIIIIIIIRED.
P.S. We had company and a sick child and... well... I am a bit behind on some things. For those of you that won my contest, the prizes will be in the mail by Monday.