Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Flashback: My Little Man

I'm quite busy today. I was out and about all morning - fun stuff like taking 2 kids for shots and then taking 4 kids to the grocery story. My kids were troopers and I managed a Starbucks out of the trip. Anyway, I have a lot to do this afternoon. I decided to grab an unmarked disc and grab a picture off of that disk for Friday Flashback. I am so indecisive usually. This is a big deal for me to stick to the plan and force myself to pick a picture off the disk no matter what. The disk was a precious find. It had pictures on it of my late grandmother and my oldest son. The pictures were all from August 2001 - exactly 8 years ago.

Eight years back seems like a lifetime ago when you look at pictures of your children and pictures of someone you love that has since died.

Here's a picture of my grandmother and my son in 2001.


Here's a picture of my "little man" - This is from the same disk but he is older. My guess is that this was taken in summer of 2002.


Here's a picture of my "little man" in 2009.


I'm linking up with Alicia today at
More Than Words. Join in the fun with her Friday Flashback meme.

13 comments:

Macey said...

Wook at dat widdle baby.
I love it!: )

More Than Words said...

Oh my...time does flash before our eyes, doesn't it??

Precious picture of him and your grandmother!!!!

Mimi said...

I love this post. It isnpired me to play along, too!

Foursons said...

That first picture is priceless!

McCrakensx4 said...

Those are some great photos and great memories...wow your 'little man' is not so little anymore!

He & Me + 3 said...

I love that first picture. It is such a treasure to have pictures of those that are no longer with us. Just beautiful.

Carrie said...

Wow...it is amazing to see how fast they really grow up! How sweet! Such a handsome fellow :)

Amy Jo said...

That first picture reminds me of my mom's grandmother holding my oldest brother. Very similar. He's the only one she met. My mom finally convinced her to come to the "wild west" for a visit. She really did think CO was full of cowboys and "Billy the Kid" types! :) And this in the 1960s.

Muthering Heights said...

Isn't it crazy how quickly they grow up?

Beth E. said...

Awww...what a sweet picture of your grandmother with your son! She looks like a precious woman.

Erin said...

Oh, he's so cute...thanks for sharing the progression...

Avery's Mommy said...

So precious...they grow up wayyy too fast, huh!

samantha said...

What a wonderful find.