Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: BBQ Meatballs

We are having BBQ Meatballs for dinner tonight. It's a family favorite.
I grabbed the recipe from another Army wife when my husband was in the Army. She brought me the meatballs while my husband was deployed. When my friend shared the recipe with me, my boys were finicky eaters. I enjoyed them for days. They were that good. (Those of you that know me know that I am not a big left-over fan.) Now all of my boys, plus my husband and my daughter, love the meatballs. I serve them over rice.

Grandma's BBQ Meatballs

1 1/2 -2 lbs ground turkey (or turkey/beef mixture) [I use half ground turkey/half ground beef]
2-3 cups bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cup milk
4 T. minced onion
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp sage
sliced onion

1. Mix all together
2. Shape into meatballs.
3. Place into greased pan w/slices of onion on top.
4. Pour BBQ sauce over all
5. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Barbeque Sauce
I double this recipe because we like extra sauce.

Mix:
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp chili powder [I add a bit more]
1/2 tsp mustard
1 T. brown sugar
1 cup water.


Check out other wonderful recipes at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

17 comments:

Missy said...

Yum! I'm going to have to add this to my menu for next week.

Mimi said...

I am copying this to my recipe file!

Beth E. said...

Yummo...these sound sooo good! I've been looking for some new dishes to try. This one is perfect...thanks for sharing the recipe! Like Mimi, I'm copying this one to my recipe file, too!

seth said...

I can't WAIT to get home!!!

More Than Words said...

I love meatballs too! That recipe sounds good! I'll have to try it!

RLR said...

This sounds yummy! Do you think it would work in a crock pot?

Avery's Mommy said...

yum!!! thanks for sharing :)

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Yum! I love meatballs.

SnoWhite said...

delicious! I don't have a good meatball recipe, so I've now bookmarked these.

hope you and yours enjoy the apple cherry crisp :) I liked your hubby's response to your question!!

momstheword said...

Oh it sounds yummy! We love BBQ meatballs around here, and leftovers too!

Nowheymama said...

These sound great.

Jessica said...

Those look super yummy! Hey, can I drop by your gift & bookmark soon? I wouldn't even have to come in, I could just stand at the door! :) I just want you to get your stuff! Or, you could drop by when you're out sometime.

He & Me + 3 said...

Can I just use the frozen meatballs and add your sauce? They sound delish, but I have frozen meatballs in the freezer right now, could I cheat?

Savor The Days said...

I made your BBQ Meatball recipe last night. It was a big hit! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Not a wordless wednesday, or a thursday thanks tank? Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed.

Jen said...

That sounds yummy! I'll have to try this - should go over well with the kids :)

Unknown said...

I would love for you to join in Crock Pot Wednesdays at Diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Mister Linky is up and ready for your entry. Thanks for posting.