Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday Thanks Tank #101



Each Thursday I make a list of my thankful thoughts. Most of you know that but if you are new to my blog due to my contest, I thought you might like an introduction to Thursday Thanks Tanks. I spend time throughout my day appreciating the little and big things in my life. My posted list gives you a glimpse of my thankful heart.

Here are a few things filling up my Thanks Tank this week:

1. Getting together with friends: It's refreshing to spend time with friends. On two different occasions this past week, we got together with families to celebrate the birthdays of friends.

2. Blackberries: My family has picked many, many blackberries this week. We just walk down the street and across a field. One night, we all went together. One morning it was just me and the kids. Then again that night my husband went out with the boys. I think we enjoy picking the blackberries as much as we enjoy eating them. Well, almost as much.


3. Prayer: I am thankful for the power of prayer. I am thankful that I can pour my heart out to God and that I can also offer little prayers of desperation.

4. Moments of silliness: I am thankful for those moments I share with my kids when we all end up with a case of the giggles.

5. Conviction: This week has been a week of conviction for me. I have recognized several areas that I need to improve on. I am open to change. I am thankful for moments of surrender.

6. Grace: What would my life be without grace? I am grateful for God's unfailing love, His grace, and the grace of my family.

7. Volunteers: Volunteers built this awesome reading bench at my kids school.


8. Books: I am enjoying visiting the library again. I picked up a book last Friday and finished it on Saturday. I got lost in the pages. It was refreshing. As I am writing this, my 3 boys are sitting around looking at books they picked up from the library today.

9. Fields: I love that we have a field near our house. My boys love to play there. They run around and pretend play. It warms my heart to watch the boys "be boys" running in and out of the overgrown grass.


That's it for me today. I am going to go read stories to my kids.

9 comments:

Beth E. said...

Another great list! I would really enjoy sitting on that reading bench. What a neat idea!

What will you be making with all of those blackberries? Blackberry jam is a favorite of mine! :-9

RLR said...

Love that bench!

Your post reminded me that I took Mister J to the library to get his library card this week. I carry my camera with me everywhere, and forgot to take a photo. I have to admit, I was pretty wrapped up in the moment. The librarian was asking him for all of his info, and he was such a big boy as he answered her questions (full name, phone number, etc). I was so proud! (I think I need to copy this into a post before I forget! THANKS for the reminder!)

More Than Words said...

The bench is awesome!! And my boys would love that field!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I have wanted to take my kids to pick berries for years now. don't know of a field close by. Hmmm.
My son would love to run and play with your boys. We should get together soon. :) How many states do we live from each other? LOL
Love that tree and the bench just makes is more inviting.
Love your Thankful thursday posts

Foursons said...

I want a blackberry bush! Oh great-now I'm coveting your Thanks Tank. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

What book did you read in one day? I'm always looking for a good book.
sharon

Amy Jo said...

I miss getting lost in a book...finishing it in one day. I need to do that again soon. I have too many philisophical books going right now! Can't get lost in those. :)

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

I would like to sit on that bench and read, read, read.

McCrakensx4 said...

Love your list...great things to be thankful for! I love it too when my boys can be boys!! And blackberries...yum!