Thursday, August 20, 2009
Thursday Thanks Tank #101
Each Thursday I make a list of my thankful thoughts. Most of you know that but if you are new to my blog due to my contest, I thought you might like an introduction to Thursday Thanks Tanks. I spend time throughout my day appreciating the little and big things in my life. My posted list gives you a glimpse of my thankful heart.
Here are a few things filling up my Thanks Tank this week:
1. Getting together with friends: It's refreshing to spend time with friends. On two different occasions this past week, we got together with families to celebrate the birthdays of friends.
2. Blackberries: My family has picked many, many blackberries this week. We just walk down the street and across a field. One night, we all went together. One morning it was just me and the kids. Then again that night my husband went out with the boys. I think we enjoy picking the blackberries as much as we enjoy eating them. Well, almost as much.
3. Prayer: I am thankful for the power of prayer. I am thankful that I can pour my heart out to God and that I can also offer little prayers of desperation.
4. Moments of silliness: I am thankful for those moments I share with my kids when we all end up with a case of the giggles.
5. Conviction: This week has been a week of conviction for me. I have recognized several areas that I need to improve on. I am open to change. I am thankful for moments of surrender.
6. Grace: What would my life be without grace? I am grateful for God's unfailing love, His grace, and the grace of my family.
7. Volunteers: Volunteers built this awesome reading bench at my kids school.
8. Books: I am enjoying visiting the library again. I picked up a book last Friday and finished it on Saturday. I got lost in the pages. It was refreshing. As I am writing this, my 3 boys are sitting around looking at books they picked up from the library today.
9. Fields: I love that we have a field near our house. My boys love to play there. They run around and pretend play. It warms my heart to watch the boys "be boys" running in and out of the overgrown grass.
That's it for me today. I am going to go read stories to my kids.