Thursday, September 10, 2009
Thursday Thanks Tank #103
I am thankful that this week is over. Ever felt like that? It's O-V-E-R.
It's Thursday night. My week- my week with my long to-do list- is done. It wasn't a bad week - not at all- but it was a very busy week.
Now that I said - let me share a bit more about the things that make me grateful.
I am thankful for:
1. Company- We had the best weekend with out-of-town friends.
2. A good SEC football game on TV in Oregon (and a happy ending for Bama fans)
3. Being able to pull of a birthday party after an insane week
4. A fun and safe 1st day of kindergarten
5. Concerned and conscientious school staff
6. Teachers that care
7. A supportive and encouraging husband
8. A husband that makes me laugh and laugh. Yes, that's right, he really did win. Oh my gosh, I cannot stop laughing because he is sitting next to me with his winning shirt on. (Go back to that second link and check it out. My husband is crazy.)
9. Hand-me-down clothes for my kids. I received two different boxes of clothes recently in the mail, as well as a bag of clothes from a friend here in town.
10. Seeing my kids excited about school
11. Pumpkin Spice lattes. They aren't my favorite, necessarily, but they mean my favorite (Gingerbread) is right around the corner.
12. Having the 1st PTO meeting of the year under my belt.
13. Heath bars. Mmmmm... homemade cookies... mmmm... homemade blueberry buckle cake... baking... I love baking and heath bars. I think I better made a heath bar coffee cake soon.
14. Friday morning with 2 kids in school and 1 kid in preschool. Honestly, I am not sure what I am going to do with those 2 1/2 hours. Maybe I will just paint my daughter's toe nails. Seriously, maybe I will take her to playground. The possibilites are endless... she likes the starbucks smoothies.
That's it for me this Thursday. I am too tired to think and my husband will be at work at 6 so it's all me in the morning.