Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday Thanks Tank #103



I am thankful that this week is over. Ever felt like that? It's O-V-E-R.

*sigh*

It's Thursday night. My week- my week with my long to-do list- is done. It wasn't a bad week - not at all- but it was a very busy week.

Now that I said - let me share a bit more about the things that make me grateful.

I am thankful for:

1. Company- We had the best weekend with out-of-town friends.

2. A good SEC football game on TV in Oregon (and a happy ending for Bama fans)

3. Being able to pull of a birthday party after an insane week

4. A fun and safe 1st day of kindergarten

5. Concerned and conscientious school staff

6. Teachers that care

7. A supportive and encouraging husband

8. A husband that makes me laugh and laugh. Yes, that's right, he really did win. Oh my gosh, I cannot stop laughing because he is sitting next to me with his winning shirt on. (Go back to that second link and check it out. My husband is crazy.)

9. Hand-me-down clothes for my kids. I received two different boxes of clothes recently in the mail, as well as a bag of clothes from a friend here in town.

10. Seeing my kids excited about school

11. Pumpkin Spice lattes. They aren't my favorite, necessarily, but they mean my favorite (Gingerbread) is right around the corner.

12. Having the 1st PTO meeting of the year under my belt.

13. Heath bars. Mmmmm... homemade cookies... mmmm... homemade blueberry buckle cake... baking... I love baking and heath bars. I think I better made a heath bar coffee cake soon.

14. Friday morning with 2 kids in school and 1 kid in preschool. Honestly, I am not sure what I am going to do with those 2 1/2 hours. Maybe I will just paint my daughter's toe nails. Seriously, maybe I will take her to playground. The possibilites are endless... she likes the starbucks smoothies.

That's it for me this Thursday. I am too tired to think and my husband will be at work at 6 so it's all me in the morning.

8 comments:

Nowheymama said...

My youngest doesn't know what to do with herself when everyone else is gone. She fell asleep on the floor the first day of school.

Foursons said...

Great list. It does sound like an exhausting week for you. Whew! Glad it's over!

Jeanne said...

Wonderful list as always! Better post the recipe for the heath bar coffee cake...sounds delicious...and Heath bars are my fav! : )

Unknown said...

Teachers that CARE is very important and I LOVE handmedowns!

Take a pic of those toenails for us, k? ; )

Amy Jo said...

I love Heath Bar Coffee Cake! Did I give you that recipe? I have one like it if not. :) It's yummy. I hope you are enjoying your morning with Elsie! And I had my first pumpkin spice latte this week. Yummy!!!

RLR said...

I didn't get around to my TTT post this week. Tell me where you found the thankful journal you included in your giveaway - I need one with me at all times. I think of things every day, but by the time I'm back to my computer....
Enjoyed your list! Oh, here's one thing I'm thankful for - my Starbucks card arrived earlier this week :) Thank you, my friend!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Sounds like a productive, busy, successful week... definitely cause for thanks!

He & Me + 3 said...

Glad all went well for the first day of kindergarten and that the school is so conscientious about the nut allergy. Yes, your hubs shirt made me crack up too. He is a hoot.
I got my starbucks card in the mail the other day. Thanks so much. Can't wait to go get me an iced coffee:)