Monday, September 21, 2009

Update from John

I tried to wait to post an update until I got an email but I just couldn't. I knew I should have waited. I just got this update from my brother-in-law. It makes me smile. I just love the way he explains everything.

Thanks again for all the prayers!

Email Update From John --

hi

ok, sarah had her surgery today,

guy version: hole was fixed, all is going good, should be home in a few days, won't know if it worked for a few months.

girl version: sarah had about a 2 hour surgery, the doc was able to find and fix a cleft right below the voice box, took about 2 stitches that will dissolve on their own in about a week or so all the repairs were done with a really small probe down the throat. The ENT is confident that this will fix Sarah's aspiration problems, but since we are only hopeful that this was the cause, we can only be hopeful that it works. We will not take a swallow test for about 2 months to tell if this worked. Due to all the work on her air tube, Sarah is spending Monday night in the PICU, then should be moved to a normal hospital room for Tuesday night, and if all goes well, will come home on Wednesday, but that is up to the docs to decide. Carrie is spending the night both tonight and Tuesday night in the hospital. She will resume normal diet on Tuesday.

If anyone cares, Dad and Matt are doing fine.

john

14 comments:

Jenny Walker said...

I am so happy that she is doing well and that everything went good!!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is awesome. What a great email.

Missy said...

Great news!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Oh so sorry I did not see this all until now. I will be praying that this was the fix and that her healing goes just as planned.

John and Carrie said...

LOL!!! Thank you JA!!! I finally was able to get on a computer at the hospital and read this. You made me LOL for the first time since I've been here. John said he was going to do a guy version/girl version, but it was still funny to read it. You gotta love my husband's sense of humor.

Carmom said...

That is awesome!! So happy that everything went well yesterday.

Nowheymama said...

Yay!

Beth E. said...

So happy to hear the good news. I love John's guy/girl versions! He's a hoot! lol

Anonymous said...

so glad all went well...have been praying for Sarah....John's two version update is hilarious...thanks for posting this Jane Anne....Carrie, hang-in-there! patti b.

Amy Jo said...

LOL---that was awesome. I so would not have been satisfied with the "guy version" of this story. :):) So glad everything went okay.

Macey said...

I love the dad version and the mom version. :) It sounds like it should work!

samantha said...

I'm so happy to hear she is doing good. I love the difference between the male and female version. I will keep them in my prayers

Foursons said...

He is funny! Glad she is doing so well.

McCrakensx4 said...

Soooo glad that she came through the surgery and recovery so well!! Praise GOD! Hope she continues to do well!