Monday, September 14, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


It's been a while since I have done a Not Me! post and I have had a lot of Not Me! moments. I started this post this morning and I am forcing myself to post it now.

I did not forget to pick up my son from school on the 1st early release day. He didn't have to stand and wait by the school door with the other forgotten kids. I was not at home just wondering how I was going to hold off his little sister's nap when I was already late to pick him up. I was not embarrassed at all when the school called me - not one bit - not me.

I am not being watched today. (Whose cat is this and why is it watching me!??) I am not slightly paranoid that this is payback for all of the not-so-nice cat jokes I have told in my lifetime. Please, please tell me that isn't happening to me.


I did not forget to remind my husband that my son had a bellyache during his soccer game on Saturday. I did not feel bad when my husband (the coach) told me he had forgotten and would have been a little easier on him if he had remembered. I was not so busy cheering for him, feeling proud of him, and taking pictures of him that I forgot about his tummy ache- no, not me.

I did not take my son with the on again off again bellyache to a birthday party yesterday at a park, let him run around like crazy and eat candy from a pinata, only to finish off the party by puking beside my van. I did not do that- not me.

I did not work really hard when stuffing candy in the PTO meeting reminder treat backs to ensure that I had just a few Heath bars left. I mean, I wouldn't have supplemented from David's leftover pinata stash just so I could eat a few Heath bars. No, no, no... I do not love those little treats that much - not me.

I did not do the happy dance right in the middle of Wal-mart when I found the nut-free cupcakes. My son had that birthday part to attend on Sunday and I didn't have anything for him to bring- that would be remotely close to the cake the kids were going to enjoy. I did not call my husband from the store to tell him the great news. I wasn't that excited over pre-packaged, nut-free cupcakes - of course, not- not me.


I have not had a little too much fun playing with my son's Nerf guns. He got them for his birthday and they are so much fun- er, I mean, I wouldn't know if they would be fun to shoot at my husband. It wouldn't have been me crawling around on the floor, hiding behind the chair, shooting at my husband in all out Nerf gun war. That wasn't me - nope, not me- but don't ask my kids about that either.

I have not lost my mind looking for my digital camera this afternoon. I have cleaned my car and the stroller but I have not found the camera. I had it at the park. I remember carrying it over toward the car right before my son started puking. I am not feeling sick to my stomach imaging life without pictures. If you know me, you know I always have my camera. NOOOOOO, don't let this be the truth. I can't be camera-less, NOT ME.

I am not in a bad mood right not because my camera is MIA- no, not me.

*****************************************************************
I am not leaving all of that above just to prove that I am crazy about pictures... even though, literally 2 SECONDS after I posted the post, I remembered using my camera this morning and I know right where it is. I am not in a bad mood any more. I am so, so, SOOOOOOO happy. I am not leaving this here to remind myself that I have an obsession with taking pictures of my kids. Now, I am not going to go do the happy dance all the way down the hall to grab my precious little camera- no, and I am not at all glad you can't see me right now!!

15 comments:

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

If you had your camera by the van, you should have gotten a picture! Then you could remind your son for years to come that you totally forgot about his stomachache!

Macey said...

Oh no! At least he barfed BY the van and not in it!
I did that pick up slip up last year on early realease day. I did a post on it because it was HORRIFYING. He was sad, crying, thought I forgot him!
I'm gonna have to scope out those cupcakes at Wally's because I want to bring something nut free to Kolton's preschool on his birthday!:)

Kimberly said...

I'm hoping you "didn't" take my advice and "haven't" called the humane society or animal control. Because I know how much you'll LOVE having a litter of kittens delivered on your back patio!!! ;~}

Foursons said...

I have not lost my camera for an entire 2 weeks in my PURSE! Nope, no way I did that!

Macey said...

I can NOT believe I forgot to say something about that cat; aaahhh!!! Creeepy. I'm thinking if he's watching you because of one too many cat jokes than he'll be at my house next. You'll hear the scream, I'm sure. : /

He & Me + 3 said...

I am so glad you found your camera. Sorry about your sons belly ache. I hope he is better now. I haven't seen you at my blog in a few days...Miss your comments.

Unknown said...

I love those nut-free cupcakes at Walmart!! I do a happy dance too.

Beth E. said...

Ooooo...forgetting your child at school on an early pickup day...been there, done that! The school receptionist called me and blessed me OUT, telling me how upset my son was. I had just put our youngest down for a nap. I had to grab the elderly neighbor from across the street to watch the baby while I drove to the school like a crazy woman!

Hope your son's tummy is better now. He's gonna want those cupcakes!

RLR said...

Found some of those cupcakes at out Wal-Mart, too - yay!
Glad you found your camera, and what a great list this week!

Carrie said...

hahaha I have missed your not me posts!

momstheword said...

Since I homeschool I don't do the school pick up thing but I did leave my son at the church one day. I thought he was with hubby and hubby thought he was with me, lol!

Love the picture of the kitty. My little dog will let someone else hold her but then sit and stare at me the whole time. Then when they let her go she'll come curl up in my lap, lol!

Missy said...

You are just too cute.

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh my...what a list!! I hate when I 'misplace' my camera too! And I am sososo excited for you that you found nut-free cupcakes...that is so GREAT!!! And that cat is just a little bit scary..I'm not gonna lie! Hope you have a good week!

Me said...

Oh my gosh, I get SOOOO excited over finding nut-free cakes and such too. For birthday parties I make a cake at home and let my son decorate it with icing and sprinkles. He brings this to b-day parties. So I don't end up eating lots of leftover cake I will cut it up into pieces and freeze it (before I ice it) so when a party comes along I can just pull one out of the freezer, have him ice it (with icing I've kept in the freezer and brought out about an hour to thaw) and put sprinkles on. Usually the kids at the birthday party all want the cake HE has and not the b-day cake. BUT, for him, nothing beats store bought cake (even though mine tastes better). It just makes him feel more "normal" .

loni said...

I am thrilled that you found nut free cupcakes at Wal-Mart, even though I am far less than thrilled with them for changing their brand of shredded cheddar cheese, which is no longer safe.

I have a friend who is wonderful at finding nut free alternatives for birthday parties. Two ideas I have taken from her:

-Rice krispie treats topped with canned frosting and sprinkles.

-otis spunkmeyer chocolate chip muffins topped with canned frosting and sprinkles.

I love your "Not Me" posts!