Thursday, February 05, 2009

Thursday Thanks Tank #73


This morning I stopped by the Thankful Thursday carnival at Grace Alone. Every Thursday Iris hosts Thankful Thursday and provides a theme for thankfulness. This week the theme is change. I have had fun thinking about change today. As always, I am enjoying my Thankful Thursday.

I am thankful for all of this and so much more:

Changing Weather: We have had 3 or 4 days of sunshine. This is a big change! It has been so nice to see the sun and it has been such a wonderful change for my boys to be able to play outside.

Changing Needs: The location for my spices needs to be changed. The drawers worked wonderfully for my spices until my Spice Girl became mobile. Today the drawers are empty. The spices are on the counter and I am looking for a new location. (Finding the Garlic Salt in my laundry pile was the last straw.) Oh wait- why am I thankful for this? I am thankful that my little girl is growing, exploring and helping me reorganize!

Change of Clothes: I am thankful for a nice change of clothes each day. Yep, I thought of this one when I was folding laundry this morning.

Changing my Perspective: I love talking my husband. I love and value his opinion. Often his thoughts help me see situations in a new light. I am thankful that he often gives me a new perspective.

Changing Hairstyles: I couldn't help but think of this one when I thought of change. I am so thankful that hairstyles have changed and are not what they were in the 80's. I am the girl with the biggest hair (the one in red). This picture scares me (and again, makes me oh-so-thankful time have changed!)


Changing Routines: Changing my family's routine is hard. Today Jonathan is riding the bus home. I have been talking to him for a little while about this change. Elisabeth has moved to 1 nap a day. She is hits her tired limit about 1 p.m. Jonathan's school gets out at 2:30 p.m. I am thankful that even though Jonathan doesn't like riding the bus, he was understanding about the change. I am also thankful that Elisabeth went down for a nap at 1:15 today.

Change of Instructions: I am happy and thankful that I could change my instructions to the boys today. We went to the story-time at the library. As soon as we got there and I saw the birthday decorations, I began preparing David for the possibility of a treat that he wouldn't be able to eat. They were celebrating Oregon's birthday. When the cupcakes were brought out, I told the boys they could not have one. I checked the label "just for kicks" and was shocked. The label read, "Made in a nut-free facility." I am so thankful for that amazing surprise! I am thankful that I could change my instructions to the boys.


I change and He stays the Same: I am always changing: my mood, my attitude, my patience, my discipline and on and on. I am so thankful that God does not change. Hebrews 13:8 - "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Take time to be thankful. It will make a difference in your day and maybe even your whole week!

10 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Again...great thankful list. Love that spice girls sassy hair do. She is sooooooooo cute.
I am thankful that Jesus is the same always too.

RLR said...

Oh, how thankful I am for those 'nut-free' labels, too!

Denise said...

I enjoyed your thankful list, be blessed.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Great list! Though my kids don't have allergies I know that it's an issue that effects so many families. Making more products that are safe is definitely something to be thankful for. And kudos to whomever picked those cupcakes over a different brand...
MOre choice and more awareness is a great change!

More Than Words said...

Love your change list!!

Change is good!!!

Love your 80's hair! Oh..the memories!

McCrakensx4 said...

What a great list. Pics are great and I think once upon a time, I had the hair do! And the little one, way cute!

Beth E. said...

Your little Spice Girl is adorable! Love her hair.

I know all too well about nut allergies. Our youngest is allergic to tree nuts. I'm so happy your boys got to eat cupcakes! I'm sure they were thrilled. :o)

Carrie said...

I keep my spices in a drawer too, and in my old house we put on child locks to some of the drawers. They are the same ones you put on doors, you know the ones that latch unless you push the little white latch part down??? If you don't know what I mean let me know I will take a picture for you! It is an easy fix and you won't have to look for a new location!

momstheword said...

OOoohhh, nice hair! I had hair like that!! Great post, my friend. No matter how much things change, He always remains the same!

Kimberly said...

I'm so excited that David (and Thomas) were given a "Yes"!!!! What a wonderful surprise!