Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Moment

My Monday Moments describe special moments of motherhood. Sometimes they are moments that make me laugh. Sometimes these moments make me cringe. Other times, they make me do both!



This past Friday I had MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). I am on the leadership team. I stayed afterward just a little bit to help clean-up. After MOPS, instead of heading directly home, I drove around a bit. It was a beautiful sunny day and I felt like enjoying the sunshine for a few minutes.

Once I got home, I began to make lunch. It was at that time that my youngest son (my 3 year-old) said something to me that was really cute. I leaned down to give him a hug.

Whoa! The stench of him nearly knocked me over. I checked his pants and it was not pleasant- not in the slightest way.

"Oh my! What in world?!!"
"You have poop in your pants!!"

It had been there a long time.

"WHY didn't you tell someone at MOPS?! (deep breath) Sweetie, why didn't you ask them to get your mom?"

There was a small pause. He looked up at me with his innocent eyes and then said,

"I thought about it... but every time I thought about it, I almost threw up."

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think I'm glad I was in the nursery!! Too funny -- and gross!!

Carmom said...

WOW! That's bad if it made him sick too. It's been a while since one of my kids has had one of those. Hopefully, it will be a while longer.

momstheword said...

Hahahaha! How funny! It's amazing you you almost have to chisel that stuff off, isn't it?

Trisha said...

hilarious!

Beth E. said...

Oh, I needed that laugh! Thanks for sharing your story. And your little boy...bless his little heart! :o)

Becca said...

That is freaking hilarious!!!!

Vollmer Family said...

That is so sweet and so funny at the same time! Poor little guy!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh, what a trooper. Poor guy.

Jessica said...

Oh no!!! That is a monday moment.. wow!

More Than Words said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh too funny! Definitely a mama moment!

McCrakensx4 said...

Too bad for that sweet boy! My youngest would do that too and I never know how he could stand it! Smiles for you this week!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Bless his little heart.

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

OH MY GOSH! I'm dying!
-Jill

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Ohhhh...your poor kiddo!

Kimberly said...

i gotta say i've been looking forward to reading your Not Me Monday post all day and was a tad bit disappointed when I first got "here" and saw that you didn't post any Not Me's but boy was I in for a treat!!!! how could i ever think you would disappoint? you sure showed me!!! this was TOO, TOO funny and I shall never forget it or what it now will remind me of!!!! ;}

momstheword said...

You are welcome! I appreciate you too!

kari and kijsa said...

Too funny!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa