Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Maple Pork

We tried out this recipe a couple of weeks ago. My husband and I loved it. The sauce is amazing and loaded with flavor. We couldn't believe that our kids were not impressed with it. We will have it again, anyway. It was good enough to make again even though the kids didn't love it (More for us! They can load up on whatever side items we have).

Marla’s Maple Pork

1 ½ lbs pork tenderloin*

Marinade
½ cup pure maple syrup
2 T each reduced sodium soy sauce and ketchup
1 T Dijon mustard
2 tsp grated orange zest
1 ½ tsp each curry powder and ground coriander
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Trim pork of all visible fat. Place pork in a large, heavy duty, resealable bag.
Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour over pork in bag. Seal bag and turn several times to coat pork with marinade. Marinate pork in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

Transfer pork and marinade to small roasting pan or baking dish. Roast, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Pork should be slightly pink in the middle. (*If you get a bigger pork loin, be sure to plan ahead for extra cooking time.)

Let pork rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice thinly, drizzle extra sauce over pork and serve immediately.

Tasty Tuesday Button

I have been doing a Tasty Tuesday for a long time off and on. You can check out my other recipes by looking at the Tasty Tuesday label on the left side of the blog. This past week I found a Tasty Tuesday blog carnival. Be sure to head over there to check out more recipes (Click on the Tasty Tuesday button and you will be taken to Forever...Wherever).

9 comments:

Trisha said...

that sounds yummy! what is it with kids and not liking food that taste good?!?

More Than Words said...

That totally sounds like my kind of recipe!!!!!!! Yummy!!

momstheword said...

Well, it sounds yummy to me! I will have to copy this receipe.

Jerralea said...

That does sound yummy. Kids have funny taste buds ...

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

That sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found us! This recipe looks great. I like stuff that has a little sweetness to it. Pork seems to work well with that. I hope you'll join us again next week!
-Kim

He & Me + 3 said...

Does sound good, but I am sure my kids wouldn't go for it either. Those silly kids.

McCrakensx4 said...

OHH..my hubby would love this!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

This sounds good. I love pork tenderloin! It's interesting to see all the different ways that people cook it.