Thursday, October 07, 2010

Thursday Thanks Tank #143



Everyday. Every single day there are things to be thankful for.

This day is coming to a close and I am not happy. Still, there is much in my life to appreciate.

Every week I make a thankful list. Sometimes I share a little list, sometimes I focus on one part of my thankful thoughts, and sometimes my list is made up of pictures. Today, I struggled to be thankful. But, I persist. I am thankful, despite my circumstances.

Here's my thankful list.

1. Tylenol. My youngest has been fighting sickness. She's been struggling with fevers and feeling crummy. Tylenol helps.

2. One-on-one time with my kids. One of these days (soon), I will post about it. But, for the last several weeks, I've been doing something new to achieve one-on-one time with my kids. It's working. I love it. They look forward to it. It isn't an earth shattering event but I'd call it a success.

3. Doing the right thing. I was supposed to volunteer at the school today. My daughter had a fever of 101 last night. No volunteering. No taking my daughter to a friend's house. That was the right thing to do. My dear friend was supposed to come for a visit this weekend. She's pregnant. She needs to avoid getting sick. It's the right thing for her to stay home. The right thing isn't always desired, but I'm thankful when we make those hard decisions.

4.Family. My husband will see our families this weekend. I'm thankful. Jealous? Yes. Extremely so. But, I am thankful for the value he places on family. I am thankful he's headed to visit my parents, too. His parents are both celebrating their 60th birthdays.

5. Music. I am singing along to music right now. Yes, really. (And, no, you will never hear me sing. Don't ask. Be afraid.)

I realize this list is short. It's all I have for tonight. I'm zonked and going to bed soon. (Looks like I'm not getting the laundry folded tonight. Ah well...)

Take time to be thankful today. Even when you aren't at your best, it's a worthwhile discipline.

4 comments:

sharon said...

If I lived closer, I'd come over and fold your laundry!
Love you!

Foursons said...

Sorry your kiddo is not feeling well. I love you always find the positive even when things don't feel so positive.

Beth E. said...

Okay, it's Friday and I'm just now able to read your TTT. No matter when I read it, though, I'm always blessed.

I'm thankful for you and the inspiration you are to me. Praying your little one feels better soon!

Hugs...

aerotatt said...

Is the tylenol for you or the kid?