Wednesday, October 27, 2010

For the Love of Chocolate

...and coffee.



Last night, I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bar's.
Oh.my.word. They are delicious! I mean, they are oh-my-stars, where-have-you-been-all-my-life, delicious.

Chocolate Chip Brownie Bars

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
4 large eggs, divided
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 box brownie mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13 by 9 inch baking pan with heavy duty aluminum foil with a 2 inch overhang. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar at medium-high speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add 2 eggs, beating until well blended. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until mixture forms a soft dough. Stir in chocolate chips.

3. In another bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water, and remaining 2 eggs, beating until well blended.

4. Spread cookie dough in prepared pan. Pour brownie mixture over dough. Using a knife, swirl mixtures together. Bake 40 minutes or until edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let cool in the pan for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours (I couldn't wait that long to try these yummies.) Cut into bars.

These go great with coffee. (No, I am not having coffee and chocolate for breakfast dessert!)

Speaking of coffee, did you notice my empty Starbucks cup in the picture?

Beth from Outnumbered, Three to One, is giving away 2 Starbucks Gift Cards to celebrate 300 blog posts. Beth is a sweet Southern lady. She has a thoughtful husband, famously known at my house for bringing her vidalia onions for mother's day. She also has 2 grown sons, one of which has a peanut allergy. In short, Beth is one lovely lady that shares from the heart (often humorously) on her blog. Stop by her place to win: 300th Post Contest

Here's one more look at sweetness:

5 comments:

Foursons said...

Oh my goodness, those look soooooo good. I'm sure they ship well, do you need my address?

Mimi said...

I just copied this to my recipe file. I think I have everything that I need to make it today!

Thanks for sharing,
Mimi

Missy said...

I am definitely going to have to borrow this recipe.

Beth E. said...

Jane Anne, you are such a blessing! Thanks so much for your kind words and the link to my blog.

Now, about your recipe....I'm drooling! I'm also gonna copy this to my recipe file! It's got two of my favorite things in it: choco chips cookies and brownies! My three guys will love these...if I share, that is! ;-)

Good luck with the giveaway! Hugs...

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

This is just not nice at all. Here I sit, big, pregnant and craving chocolately baked goods and you go and post this!!! Very very cruel indeed (that said....I might just make a pan of these tomorrow and not share with anyone!!)