Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Caught Drinking and Driving

Yesterday, I went shopping with my oldest son. On our drive, he was reading. I was humming along to music and sipping a Dr. Pepper.

Suddenly, my son said, "Momma! You're drinking."

I thought he was going to admonish me for drinking a soda. I've been drinking very few sodas in an effort to be healthier and I have had several conversations with him about how the less I drink soda the less I like it.

I said, "Oh, I know..."

He interrupted me.

"You cannot drink and drive. There are commercials that say that you can get arrested for that."

It was all I could do not to laugh (loudly). I suppressed my laugher the best I could and explained the meaning of drinking and driving.

That Dr. Pepper sure tasted refreshing after our conversation.

7 comments:

Honey said...

that's great to know that that message is sinking in this early even if he didn't understand it!

Foursons said...

Ha! That is so cute. My boys are just understanding what beer is. We are not drinkers so they really don't have a clue.

Brandi said...

Too cute!

Leslie said...

1.) Good that the "obeying the law" need is already there.
2.) Great that he's listening to lessons.
3.) Bwahahahahaha!! So cute!

Mimi said...

At least the message is getting through at this young age!!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Alea Milham said...

LOL! My daughter would not play a matching game at a friend's house when she was little. With the friend's mother asked her why she said that her daddy had told her never to play with matches. :)

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Too cute!!!