Saturday, July 31, 2010

Be Still My Heart

My heart was full.
The sun was calm and beautiful.
I found the beautiful sun and waves peaceful.

He was loud and excited.
The array of colors sent my son roaring in delight.
He knew it was beautiful and he used his whole body and voice to express himself.

I laughed in surprise at his enthusiasm.


He is wild, loud, and exciting. Always enthusiastic.
An antonym for tranquility. He screams at a peaceful sunset.

He shows me new ways to love life.

He may never be still...
but his love steadies my heart.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe, how sweet.

McCrakensx4 said...

so very beautiful....

Alea Milham said...

Touching! I love watching my children react to God's Beautiful creation.

This is off topic: I was flying back into Reno with my children and we hit turbulence. My daughter threw her arms up in the air (as if she were on a roller coaster) and shouted "woo hoo, this is fun". Nobody was expecting that reaction and it really lightened the mood. Praise God for unexpected reactions! :D

momstheword said...

That is lovely! I love how children use their whole bodies to show their excitement and joy! They run, jump, hop and shout!

He & Me + 3 said...

Gorgeous picture and I have one just like that and he fills my days with smiles and laughs too.

More Than Words said...

What an awesome shot!!!!

Avery's Mommy said...

Love this: He may never be still...
but his love steadies my heart.

Charissa Steyn said...

This is beautiful! Also, just wanted to say I read your post about Sex in Marriage... I can only say AMEN Sista! :) I am going on one year and LOVE this part of marriage sooo much! I write about it all the time :)