Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuscan Chicken

I recently tried out this recipe. My whole family (all 6 of us) liked it. That means, it's a keeper.

Tuscan Chicken

2 lbs chicken breast tenderloins (I used chicken breasts and then cut them)
salt and pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp ground thyme
1 tbsp flour
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup beef broth

Chicken
Salt and pepper all the chicken. Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Add olive oil to the pan. Brown the chicken (1/2 at a time), cook for 3 min per side (or longer depending on the thickness of your chicken), drain on paper towels.


Sauce (I doubled the sauce)
Add vinegar to pan and cook for 30 seconds stirring up brown bits. Reduce heat to medium and add butter, garlic, onions and thyme and cook 4-5 minutes. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in wine and broth and reduce sauce for 5 minutes.



Chicken and Sauce
Add chicken to the sauce to warm through.


Tuscan Chicken Dinner
I made whole-wheat spaghetti and put the chicken and sauce on top. We had a side salad and fruit with it.



Check out other wonderful recipes at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks delicious! So what's the whole wheat pasta taste like? Do the kids like it?

McCrakensx4 said...

Sounds yummy and looks delish! I can even do that recipe!!

Jacqueline said...

Oh that sauce recipe looks scrumptious. I love fabulous sauces, that's what takes dishes over the top. We love WW spaghetti too. It has such a nutty flavor. No one has ever complained.

He & Me + 3 said...

Girl I made chicken tonight I wish i had seen this this morning I so would have made this instead. YUM

Alea Milham said...

This looks delicious! We are going through a quinoa pasta phase right now and this would be the perfect recipe to accompany it.

BTW, Love you blog name!

~Kristin~ said...

Looks yummy. I love anything with chicken and pasta! I also love your title or should I say the reason behind the name of your blog. Authenticity is always beautiful and moving. Thanks for stopping by Sweet Country Life. Come back for a "visit" anytime...
Kristin

Missy said...

Hmmm.....served on pasta. My kids just might eat it then. LOL

Yes! I am here! Keep visiting me! I am actually on self-hosted Wordpress now.


www.areyouthere-god.com