Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cranberry Apple Crisp

This dessert makes my husband smile.

Well, okay, that was my dessert and coffee. He takes his coffee black. His serving was much, much bigger. Really.

The night I made the crisp, my husband posted this Facebook status: "My wife made a killer Apple Crisp. It MUST be love!"

It's good. It's also easy to make.

Cranberry Apple Crisp

5 cups sliced tart apples (about 6 medium apples)
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine

Preheat over to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 inch square baking pan.

Pare and core apples. Layer apples and cranberries in pan sprinkling with sugar as you layer.

Mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Work in butter until light and crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over apples and cranberries.

Bake 45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serves 9 (ya right, not in my house).




Check out other wonderful recipes at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

That looks so yummy for real. The ice cream on the top sealed the deal.

More Than Words said...

Mmmm!!! I love apple crisp, so I can imagine how much better it is with the cranberries!

Five Moms & A Blog said...

This looks reaaaaaally good! Num! What apples do you usually buy?

~ Nan

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it when you share recipes!!
Sharon

faith ann raider said...

I looooooooooovea Apple crisp :)