Friday, July 30, 2010

Let’s Talk about Sex: Incredible Sex in Marriage

A few weeks ago, Amber at The Run A Muck, posted this:

"We are the beautiful gangly church. We love Jesus, and more often than not, right after Jesus and sometimes before Jesus, we love SEX – or we wish we did – or we wish we didn’t. The topic can makes us pretty wonky.

In efforts to change our perspective here, to call sex good and pure and completely God-given. I think we should talk about it a little – say on Fridays. Don’t you? Don’t you think young women in the church should be able to talk to other women in the church about it (It = SEX)?

Before we get to talking, let’s think and pray. What are some positive ways you would like to see the church respond to SEX?"


I commented.
She asked me to pray and consider writing a guest post.
And, I did.

Here's how my post begins:


Incredible Sex in Marriage

I love sex. It’s true. I am happily married (celebrating 15 years this month) and I enjoy sex.

Lots of women do not enjoy sex. I have friends that don’t. Don’t get me wrong, sex isn’t something I normally talk about. My friends and I don’t talk about sex –because, well, we just don’t. But, there was that one time, when the subject came up –probably because someone said they had to shave their legs or something- and a friend said, “Oh, that’s right, I forgot, you like it.” I was sitting at dinner with two married women and I was the anomaly. That was just one of the many times that I was saddened by the reality that it can be more accepted for women to dread sex than enjoy it.

I believe that sex within marriage should be fulfilling, and even, dare I say it, exciting.

To read the rest, join me at Amber's place: Let's Talk about Sex: Incredible Sex in Marraige

7 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

You are so brave! I keep hearing it gets better around 35 so I can't wait. lol

I'm giving away a $50 gift card, good luck!

http://miraclenamedavery.blogspot.com/2010/07/50-gift-card-giveaway-for-good-cause.html

He & Me + 3 said...

A touchy subject sometimes...but a good one to address. I will have to pop over and read the rest.

RLR said...

The first thing that came to mind was, "Wow, she's brave!" and I haven't even clicked over to your guest post. Heading there now...

HisFireFly said...

I left a comment over at Amber's place.

I'm in.. as a lover myself!

Missy said...

JA, you made me love you and hate you all in one post.

First off, props to you for writing about this topic. I have been wanting to write about it on my blog for quite some time and have never had the courage to do it.

Second, I am one of those women that does not enjoy sex. I used to, when we first started dating and got married. But the last few years, I have been a take it or leave it kind of girl. I think a lot of it does have to do with the fact that I don't feel the same closeness with my husband. I have tried telling him this and explaining it to him. And while he says he gets it and he will try for a little while, it always seems to get back to the blah. He feels frustrated, I feel guilty and no one is happy.

I could go on and on. Maybe I will write that blog post about it.

The said...

You know this is a topic I LOVE!! Thanks for being brave and posting about it ;)

caramama said...

Good for you! I am luckily another woman who loves sex and one of the few (it seems) who has a fantastic sex life with my husband. I've written about it before, and I've been meaning to again with some more ideas about how others can hopefully enjoy it more too.

I'm going to click over to read the rest of your post now...