Tuesday, August 03, 2010

It's Messy Here

I'm restless.

I am waiting for an answer.

I want out of the unknowing. I'd claw my way out if I could.

The difficult immobility baffles me.

I'm waiting. Nothing's happening.

I'd make something happen if I could.

I struggle with my attitude and my longings. I struggle to pray.

Instead of enjoying today, I'm waiting in the mud of impatience.



I pray.

I wait.

I know I have today.

Today is what matters right now.

I tell myself to cherish what I have but I stomp through my day. I go through the motions, with my boots on, stomping through my impatient mire.



I'm stomping around in the impatience puddles, trying to enjoy today.

. . .

I was thinking about all of this today, when I remembered the pictures in this post. I looked them up as a visual reminder to me:

When you are impatient, it's like standing in a big mud puddle, the more you stomp around in it, the messier you get.

And, after a while, everything is a blurry mess.



Somehow, the pictures and the knowledge, is allowing me to pray more. The prayers are an answer to my prayers.

Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.



Do you know what I'm going through? Are you messy with impatience, too? Pray. Even though you are struggling, pray.

11 comments:

Foursons said...

I totally understand. Hang in there girl.

Alea Milham said...

I struggle with being patient when waiting for information that pertains to my life. My husband may deploy again and I want to know when, where, and how long and I want to know RIGHT NOW! I find that it is easier to pray while scrubbing, so my house is immaculate when I am stressed. When the house gets messy my husband always suggests that he add a little stress to motivate me. :D

Carrie said...

That is the truth! I get caught up in what needs to be done...what's coming up...and totally lose patience with the now and why can't things be done now and know the things I want to know now! I get tired and lost and don't take that time to pray for what I need and desire :) Thanks for the visual...so cute ;)

More Than Words said...

Wow...this was great!!! I hate it when I'm being impatient about things. Great reminder that we need to wait on the Lord!

He & Me + 3 said...

I am the most impatient person and i like to know things...God works so much in the unknown...it is hard for me...but it strengthens my faith a bunch.
Hang in there.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

I know exactly how you feel but I love that HE gives us rest. I remember that all things are bigger than I am...I have to say that sometimes that Mud Puddle can be fun...CAN'T IT??? ;)

Brandi said...

I am NOT a patient person, so I feel for ya. But, you have to remind yourself that everything works out as He plans it. Just trust... everything will be fine. :) Hang in there!

John and Carrie said...

Beautiful post!

Missy said...

I have been there. Many times. I do not have patience at all. God definitely has to work overtime to help me with that.

praying for you

RLR said...

Been thinking about you!

Unknown said...

Patience is hard, so hard. I am patiently waiting for God to soften my husbands heart so that we may adopt. I am praying and trust that it will happen, but it's a hard wait.